Hello everyone. Is anyone else having a really long delay with their hotmail coming to their blackberry? Everything set up and the email address goes in really nice, but there is a really long delay before my email actually comes through. Does anyone know a fix to this?
    01-20-09 09:54 AM
    I have the same problem. Or sometimes it just stops sending altogether.
    If it stops sending i just resend the service books. I have no fix for the delay but i have heard that this a common problem with Hotmail, and have been told i might want to try another email provider......As if its just that easy
    01-20-09 10:02 AM
    Yes, Hotmail is known to have delay's. Yahoo and Gmail works great on BlackBerry, preferably Gmail...
    01-20-09 10:15 AM
    bump...I haven't got any emails from one of my 2 hotmail accounts since 1/10?

re-added and deleted multiple times ..this a pre-2001 account as well My other hotmail account works fine...just not this one...Its killing me!!!
    02-03-09 10:20 PM
    I've been having the same problem since I upgraded to OS 4.5... one of my hotmail accounts works just fine, the other usually only receives emails about 3 times a day (around midnight, 8-ish AM, and between 4 & 5 PM - all times MST).
    02-04-09 02:49 PM
    Look on rim website they have an article on this

Basically if you are signed into msn messenger it will take presidence over notifications since microsofts notification server can only send to one scive at a time

If you switch to msn messenger on your device only the problem goes away and its easy to reproduce

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 09:39 AM
    this has happened to me only like once about a month ago. like 2 days worth of emails showed up at once. since then my hotmails been working fine.
    02-07-09 01:37 PM
    bump...I haven't got any emails from one of my 2 hotmail accounts since 1/10?

re-added and deleted multiple times ..this a pre-2001 account as well My other hotmail account works fine...just not this one...Its killing me!!!
    I've figured out the solution. As stated earlier it is related to Windows Live. First you have to download and install windows live messenger on your phone. Once installed go the email setup from your phone delete your existing account and re-setup the email account. When you setup the email account you must set it up from the phone you will notice there is now a section that says windows live and when you click it, it will allow you to select @live.com, @msn.com, @hotmail.com. This seemed to work perfect for me but remember everything was done directly from the phone.

O yea forgot to mention my account is from 1995 so i am way pre 2001 so it should work for you as well.

Gluck and if neone needs help feel free to pm
    06-19-09 01:12 PM
    Can I ask when you reloaded and selected were your choices were @ live @msn hotmail which one or does it matter which one you picked. My account is old like yours and is originally @msn but does it matter which one i pick? thank you
    j
    10-29-09 09:19 PM
    UtahJim, You choose the one that your email address is linked to. Mine is @hotmail.com so that is the one I chose. If you have "username"@msn.com then that would be the correct choice for you.
    10-29-09 11:35 PM
    Lol what i did to resolve this problem was :
    1. - create a Gmail account if you don't already have one
    2. - make your hotmail account forward mail to the gmail account
    3. - add your gmail account to blackberry
    4. - after you have added your gmail account click on [edit] in the email setup page on your device. You'll see [Reply to:]. change the gmail email address to your hotmail one.

What it does for those who did not understand.
    Hotmail forwards to Gmail which forwards to Your Blackberry.
    When you reply it uses the gmail server but only shows your hotmail address
    01-26-10 05:46 PM
    Lol what i did to resolve this problem was :
    1. - create a Gmail account if you don't already have one
    2. - make your hotmail account forward mail to the gmail account
    3. - add your gmail account to blackberry
    4. - after you have added your gmail account click on [edit] in the email setup page on your device. You'll see [Reply to:]. change the gmail email address to your hotmail one.

What it does for those who did not understand.
    Hotmail forwards to Gmail which forwards to Your Blackberry.
    When you reply it uses the gmail server but only shows your hotmail address
    I tried it your way, clever might I add... And when I did, I got an error saying Hotmail can only forward messages to accounts that end in hotmail.com, msn.com, live.com, or is part of Windows Live Custom Domains.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    02-10-10 05:35 PM
    Same here.

It's been over 4 months now. The issue is present on both my US and European Blackberry (so different carrier), but does not occur on other hotmail accounts that I tested (post 2001 though). My account is a pre 2001.

I am signed out of messenger.

Troubleshooted for over 4 hrs with NA RIM support today. They have no clue.

*UPDATE* the messenger trick seems to have worked. The delay is around 5 minutes...better than 10 hrs I guess!

**UPDATE** nevermind, received only the first batch. This sucks.
    Last edited by lellobello; 08-24-10 at 01:39 AM.
    08-24-10 01:12 AM
    I fixed it on my phone, yay!!!. you have to go to yourcarrier.blackberry.com (for me it is longlines.blackberry.com) from your blackberry then click edit under the Hotmail acct then click change protocol. its almost instant now and it also changes the email to read once I"ve read them on my phone
    09-08-10 10:17 AM
    The SOLUTION IS:
    -Use your hotmail account many times
    It worked for me. I sent 3 or 4 emails at a short time. They arrived a little bit later but the next emails come on the device almost instantanly. Someone told me that the server checks the email frequency, so the most you use it, faster it gets.

Hope that works for you. GREETINGS FROM PORTUGAL
    11-30-10 10:58 AM
    After hours on variuos calls and finally finding a VZW rep both patient enough and high enough up the food chain to facilitate a three way call with RIM, VZW and myself, there is a definitive answer!

Verizon no longer supports the MS protocol for pushing hotmail thru BIS. There was a concious decision made up high that it was simply too time consuming for their customer service reps to field calls from subscribers that had forgotten how to log into their BIS email set up. This was necessary every year or so due to the authenticating process that went along with microsoft's new protocol.

Leaves many of us with a decision; dump hotmail, dump VZW or wait 15 minutes for your email to arrive. VZW, do you REALLY want to go here?
    12-20-10 03:27 PM
    do you only have information about verizone?
    Is this maybe having influences to other providers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD