I want to set up my Blackberry to be connected with my Hotmail account. I think I was told that Hotmail charges for that feature, but I can't remember. I can access my hotmail via the Browser, but it's a hassle. Any ideas?
    02-19-08 10:04 AM
    Most Hotmail accounts will NOT allow you to set up for push email to the BB. Some older accounts will, and they were grandfathered in before Microsoft disallowed it.

Now, you must have Hotmail Plus, to be able to set it up on the BB.
    02-19-08 10:17 AM
    Do you think I could get a Blackberry email address and have my Hotmail forwarded to the Blackberry address?
    02-19-08 10:29 AM
    Do you think I could get a Blackberry email address and have my Hotmail forwarded to the Blackberry address?
    hotmail says it will let you forward to "custom domains," but i've tried all sorts of emails and have been unable to forward except to other hotmail accts. this helped me decide to finally switch to gmail, which is great. good luck
    02-19-08 10:50 AM
    Yep, MSN doesn't play well with others.
    02-19-08 10:53 AM
    Stupid MSN....I've had it so long that I can't really change to a gmail account only because SO many different people/websites use my hotmail account. It'd be too much of a hassle to do, unless I get REALLY bored one day and decide to give it a whirl.
    02-19-08 02:31 PM
    ~Hotmail + Blackberry = NO GOOD! I gave up and switched everything over after 10 years with hotmail to yahoo and have had no problems. It's unfortunate!~
    02-19-08 03:31 PM
    Yeah, I had Yahoo! once and will never do it again. There were a LOT of emails that I would never receive. Even times when I would send an email from another address of mine to my Yahoo! addy and I STILL wouldn't get it. Screw the 'hoo.
    02-19-08 03:33 PM
    ekozy, get the gmail account today and slowly start using it... no hurry, change a few as you can. Keep using both for a while.
    02-19-08 03:41 PM
    Are you a shrink???
    I was JUST thinking that when my phone vibrated saying there was a new post here......WIEEEERRRDDDD
    02-19-08 03:42 PM
    No, not a shrink, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...
    02-19-08 03:51 PM
    I paid the $19 for a year and my Hotmail comes through 100 % without fail.
    02-24-08 06:34 PM
    You gotta pay to play. I found that out also with MSN.
    02-24-08 06:38 PM
    that totally sucks, gmail is much better, just go there! lol =)
    02-24-08 06:50 PM
    I have my free Hotmail account forwarded to my usual email address. As well as Googlemail/gmail there is also Global Mail X-change.

Depends what you want them for. I have 1 normal email, 2 Yahoo, 1 Hotmail forwarded to my normal email account, 1 googlemail and 1 GMX (Global Mail X-change) all forwarded to my Blackberry.
    Last edited by Jamie; 02-25-08 at 06:26 PM.
    02-25-08 06:15 PM
    Hotmail is such a pain! I have my one hotmail account which is grandfathered so it works fine, but unfortunately that account gets a lot of random crap mail. I tried forwarding my newer hotmail address to my Gmail... which works fine but only a few messages get forward from Gmail to my BB.

I think Gmail is probably one of the better ones right now, they have an awesome spam blocker, and the storage space is amazing!
    02-25-08 08:26 PM
    My Hotmail comes through perfectly fine with no added fee...I have an old account!
    02-27-08 09:58 PM
    It's pretty safe to consider ANY options, a dead end. They only allow you to FWD to a custom domain (whateva they qualify for that is a mystery) - OR - another .hotmail, .msn, or .live account. I'm sure the unanymous thought is..."What's the flippin' point of that? Ya log into all of them from the same site !?!?!?!?!?!

I 2nd the motion to bring the hotmail Chapter to a close and hook yourself up with Gmail. I have Google Talk and Gmail Mobile apps on my Berry & luv 'em both!!!!
    02-29-08 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD