can anyone help My Homescreen is displaying a missed call when there isnt one i have tried hardware reseting the phone and also going into messages then the missed call folder and deleting prior but its still displaying there is one when there isnt
    04-28-08 04:34 AM
    Try a battery pull
    04-28-08 05:22 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Your question comes up quite regularly so I would suggest that you do a search on this whole forum (all phones). You will probably find a half dozen related threads.

One way that is supossed to work (this has not happened to my phone as yet) is to connect to your PC and have Desktop Manager do a Backup and thn a Restore. This is supposed to reset the counter but I have never tried it.
    04-28-08 05:34 AM
    I had this happen several months ago, my BB decided to reset itself while a call was in-coming. Took me a day to resolve it. Unfortunately the only way I found to get the call counters reset was to do a wipe phone and re-install everything a time consuming process. Good lock!
    04-28-08 05:43 AM
    To avoid this, I suggested the Backup/Restore. It is reported to fix the problem without doing a total wipe.

I would like to know if this is true since if true, it will help many others here. It is further reported to fix the same counter problem with false email unreads too.
    04-28-08 05:49 AM
    Cheers for all the help guys

I backed up the handheld then wipped it and restored the backup and this has now gone so all is good thanks again
    04-28-08 06:03 AM
    Ha! A fix that works.

I am so glad that it worked.
    04-28-08 07:06 AM
    Cheers for all the help guys

I backed up the handheld then wipped it and restored the backup and this has now gone so all is good thanks again
    Just to be clear, because you have advanced human knowledge infentisimally today

- You did a Backup using Desktop Manager
    - You wiped the phone how? Erasing the call log or erasing the whole Operating System. If so, how?
    - You did a Restore using Desktop Manager.

Please get back to us here so that we can pass on what you did to others. Thanks.
    04-28-08 07:17 AM
    The Steps i took to resolve this were:

- Did a backup using Desktop Manager

_ wiped the handheld by going into Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> Press the Blackberry Key and a menu will come up with one of the options being wipe handheld (what this does in other words is wipes the phone to factory settings the same state as when you take a new one out the box)

- Once the wipe finished i restored my backup and the missed call notification was gone
    04-28-08 07:28 AM
    I had a similar problem--text messages showing up on Home screen that couldn't be erased (they were actually erased, just kept showing up on Home screen). I connected to the PC, did backup, then restored the backup I just did, and the messages were gone!

The thought of wiping the whole thing scares me!
    04-28-08 07:44 AM
    i dont like doing the wipe either but as long as you have your backup your all good
    04-28-08 07:52 AM
    Yeah, I was not expecting the 'wipe handheld' step. It would be nice to try this on a BB without this step. Backup are fine so long as they work.

Thank you Mr. H12ben for letting us know what you did.
    04-28-08 09:01 AM
    Never heard of that. Normally people forget to check all their message envelopes and can't figure why they have a missed call on the homescreen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 09:12 AM
    This is a fairly common complaint. The trouble is, it seems to show up as a false missed call, a false unresd SMS, a false unread email. Somewhere deep down there is a counter not keeping up or being reset.

It now seems athat a simple Backup/Restore resets this counter. It is happily a fairly painless fix.
    04-28-08 10:05 AM
    the reason this happened on mine was becuase when i was syncing the phone someone called and i never picked up so it prob got confused with its self
    04-28-08 07:32 PM
    When this issue happened to me, I did everything, checked all folders, all logs, backed up and restored an empty call log nothing worked. Had to do a wipe and total restore. Again, this happed while a call was in-coming and my BB reset itself. Has not happened since.
    04-28-08 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD