Hi All, I've got a quick and easy question for everyone. I've had a few blackberries in my day, but a few years ago I just found I didn't need one anymore and have been using dumbphones for the last little while. I recently got a pearl and came back to the darkside, but I've noticed a feature I used to use quite often is either gone or works a different way that I don't know about.

On my old Blackberry 6210 you used to be able to hold down the shift key and highlight text,numbers, etc to copy and paste. This doesn't seem to work on the pearl? Is there a different way of doing this now or is this feature just completely gone? I personally found it really helpful, just like a cut and paste on a computer. Anyone know how?
    Last edited by Berryhead; 07-16-07 at 03:26 PM.
    07-16-07 01:26 PM
    It works on the Pearl.. where ever you are at that you want to copy and then paste somewhere else just hit the menu button and choose select then you can use the trackball to roll over the text or pic( like if you want to save a pic )then hit the menu button to choose copy and then you can go wherever to paste by hitting the menu button then paste.
    07-16-07 04:56 PM
    Well that works perfectly, thanks a bunch!
    07-16-07 04:58 PM
    ...or just hold the 'alt' button (button with arrow in the bottom left corner), and then while holding it, move the trackball...
    07-16-07 05:22 PM
    ...or just hold the 'alt' button (button with arrow in the bottom left corner), and then while holding it, move the trackball...
    That's what you used to do with the old blackberries, but it doesn't seem to work with the pearl. Too bad too, made it real easy.
    07-16-07 05:24 PM
    WOW that's way easier. Now I feel like a total **** doing it the hard way!!
    07-16-07 05:24 PM
    Bah the alt button does work, as long as you click the trackball in too. Thanks for the tips guys!
    07-16-07 05:25 PM
    Thank God for that, I was about to fire off two quick replies, saying, "yes it does work, yes it does work"...

LMAO!
    07-16-07 05:57 PM
    This is a very handy feature, it took me like a month before I figured out how it works. I guess I should've kept the instructions...
    07-16-07 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD