Hi All.. this is my first post and im a newbie to the blackberry world. Ive been using the inept nextel phones for years so im overwhelmed with the things these phones can do.

If anyone can help please do.

Id like to find a simple ringer, dont know what the term is but i want a loud NOISE. i dont want a song or music. I work in a loud environment and i need a loud, long NOISE. similar to the stock ringers that phones come with. If anyone can lead me in the right direction please do.

Also, i extended my "ringing time" another 30 seconds by calling nextel and asking for it. Does sprint do that as well? just thought id ask before i call...

Basically i want this thing to ring ring ring, no vibrations and very little break in between rings.

I also have a email question...

I sync'd up with my home email account and kept receiving these emails

subject: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

body: (part of it anyways) This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

what are they?
    i removed my that email account, added a gmail account and got normal email to the gmail account.
    I kept getting emails (the one i displayed above) sent to my original email account i set it up with.. so i started messing around with my settings found service books with the original address and deleted them. (something like desktop and calender)
    Once i did that my tasks and stuff stopped showing up on my home screen (im using BB dimension today) BUT, i stopped getting those emails.. so i guess i did something good. lol

i want to set up that account but would like info on what those emails are and if i need to do something special to not get them.

is there a way to reboot/format my blackberry and start over? im wondering if i deleted things i shouldnt have. every things working fine right now but who knows what i did.

Also, is there a way to remove the ringers supplied w/ the phone? also the locked pictures and themes that are loaded on...

thanks for any help!
    03-12-08 06:55 PM
    Please read this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/rim-emails-19787/

As for removing unwanted those ringtones and media, read this:

Optimize your BB's Memory
    03-12-08 07:02 PM
    thanks, the 2nd link didnt work though.
    03-12-08 07:11 PM
    The internet is failing badly today. That's the second BB site I've seen down now. Even having problems replying to posts here on CB. Try the link again later tonight or tomorrow as it is a very good article.
    03-12-08 07:15 PM
    Hi! I am also new here and spend alot of time just reading posts hoping to find answers to some of my questions... I am looking forward to that link working; after having my BB for about a month now I notice that randomly when I go to look at it, my text messages, BB messenger convos, and call log are deleted. The first time it happened, I thought my phone was broken or something happened, but a fellow BB user let me know that it was due to my memory, but like the user above, I dont know how to delete preloaded apps, etc.

My other question was about my ring tones. I switched over from a MOTO Q9 so I already had a SD card full of ring tones that I make on the program Audacity on my mac. But the only thing that bothers me is that it does not play the full 20 sec that I created it cuts off after about 2-3 sec. and then starts over again. Do you have any suggestions for what I can do about this, or is that just the way it is?

BTW, I am with Sprint and I have an 8830, I have a friend that has a Curve and her ring tones work fine...
    03-12-08 07:27 PM
    well i solved my ringer problem.. i found some audacity software and just made my own with an old nextel stock phone ringer..

ill try that link again later.. i couldnt figure out the rim thing though.... its confusing to me.
    03-12-08 07:53 PM
    The best tip I can give you is to just try every option. Dig as far as you can into the menus, and test everything out. You'll learn faster than by reading answers on a website... hands on education! Probably the first thing I did when I got my phone is go thruogh all the included ringtones ha
    03-12-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD