This is probably true of all BB's but since the Flip has a relatively small battery, it's even more important.

To get maximum battery life out of your flip, make sure you close applications. I was only getting about 8 hours out of my battery until I discovered that closing applications make a big difference.

To see what applications you have open, go into an application and then hit the BB button and go to Switch Application. All of the applications on the list are open. To close an application you will have to hit the BB button and then choose Close or Exit.

You will find, however, that there are some native applications that do not close such as Messages, Browser, Home Screen, BB Messenger, and Phone. This OK.

BTW, one application that really chews up battery life is Google Maps and that's without GPS turned on.

Anyway, when I discovered that closing applications increased battery life, I went from about 8 hours to almost 3 days.
    08-23-09 12:37 PM
    LED warnings tend to eat up a lot of batt too. I use bebuzz to shorten the lenght and it has helped me a lot
    08-23-09 02:10 PM
    biggest improvement i've seen was by turning off the bluetooth radio when not using it.
    08-23-09 03:02 PM
    Yes, both good points. I also reduced my backlight brightness from the default of 100% to 20% and the backlight timeout down to 20 seconds (I tried 10 seconds but it was too short). Can't say I really noticed the difference in the backlight brightness either.

Truth is, the flip is my 4th BB and the others were perhaps faster, with full keyboards, yada yada yada but I really want this flip to work for me because I love the form factor. You just close it and throw it in your pocket. And I'm getting better and better with the multi-tap keyboard.

My provider, SaskTel, doesn't support GPS on any of the BB's so that's a bummer but they'll catch up eventually.

Later skaters.
    08-23-09 06:24 PM
    Those are all good ideas. For a long list of others, see the link in my signature.
    08-24-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD