You have an unlocked device that works fully on the t-mobile network except for UMA is not displayed on the top right corner

You should upgrade to the newest os, right now that is .972, remove any old os installs via add/remove or programs, install the new .exe and delete the vendor.xlm file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...DBBF5855C74AF9

I would use dtm 5.1, 6 blows imo

To unlock the engineering screen, enter Alt+EACE.

This takes you to the help screen. Go to Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best enter in your pin, app version and pin and select 30 days from the drop down list.

Then enter the code provided via the above link. Nothing you type will display but the hidden engineering menu will appear. It�s not case sensitive, just enter like you normally would, alt=#s, etc.

To get the (2) certificates to your device just copy and paste the below links into the body of an email and send it to yourself. Open the link save it to the device.

http://www.twoeighteighty.com/uma_files/trustcert.der
    http://www.twoeighteighty.com/uma_fi...obile_root.der

Once you have the certificates in place do a battery pull

Almost home free, just make the following entries and adjustments

enter Alt+EACE

path out to Mobile Network Engineering Screens> Utilities> Session Manager

Hit the BB menu key and select UMA Options

Hit the BB menu key and select NEW

Enter the following display name: T-Mobile

Enter the following operator name: T-Mobile UMA Protocol version: 1.0.3

Select 1.0.3 from the drop down menu

Unselect �use default UNCS� and enter �punc.t-mobileuncs.com� and use provisioning UMA Port: 14001

Unselect �use default SEGW� and enter �psgw.t-mobilesgws.com�

From the drop down list select the SEGW certificate named �T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA�

Make the new T-mobile entry the default.

Do a battery pull and you should be all set.

You may have to delete and recreate any wifi entries to get them to work.

If you have any problems or questions please post them here.

Thanks.
    Last edited by kurtla; 01-06-11 at 10:37 AM.
    10-20-10 09:56 PM
    Finally got the CBW 9100 (yeah!). After 3 unsuccessful tries to order it, got it from the forums recommended source - William - at [email protected]. William was great to work with! Unlocked the device per the forums instructions and it is working great... you were right about 3G...it is pretty awesome. Now I am trying to get UMR. I downloaded the .972 upgrade to my PC....how do I get it into the 9100??? or am I supposed to download it direcly to the phone from the link??? I am not very "techie" and as such I need a little more detail on how to get the .972 software into the phone. Thanks once again for your help!
    10-21-10 05:42 PM
    hey, great - yeah he seems like a great option, nice and easy. download dtm 5.1 and install it. click on the exe you downloaded and it will install and queue up the update. launch dtm, hit the application loader and that is all there is to it - just stick to the defaults and it will snap off a backup, not that you need it. then carefully follow the above steps and you are golden. kick a$$ device, hope it helps your life work better
    10-21-10 06:14 PM
    I successfully got UMA to work and show on my 9100 thanks to your good instructions! YEAH! The 3G is quite amazing.
    10-22-10 11:55 PM
    excellent! I think its a super amazing little device - what os did you end up running? sort of worried about gbany, he was trying to do what you did and he vanished, never a good sign, lol oh, did you load up all the google apps?
    10-23-10 09:40 AM
    excellent! I think its a super amazing little device - what os did you end up running? sort of worried about gbany, he was trying to do what you did and he vanished, never a good sign, lol oh, did you load up all the google apps?
    Good morning Kurtla, i'm still here, just didn't have the time to take care of this. Excellent, we should ask the administator to make it sticky.

I will keep you posted on the progress. Which OS are you running now?
    10-23-10 10:05 AM
    yeah I am sure you have better things to do - good idea, what admin? lol. still running .884 - its os du jour / os a gogo over here - the last one was such a pain I am reluctant to move forward to anything else. normally a bes server saves all the settings, profiles, the works. the only thing one has to do is reinitialize any installed apps after the device is activated. this failed when I tried to update the device last time and I had to blow away my profile in bes and start over - a major pain. if there had specific details on what backup did in dtm one could cherry pick some of the settings but they dont, just like they dont post what each os release fixes. odd company but @ least they offer fixes I guess. why don't you try the latest os, be interested to see if you notice anything new
    10-23-10 10:15 AM
    Thanks. I was going to try At&t? Any luck with it?
    10-23-10 10:18 AM
    np, I think the latest att is .921 - I would use .972 from my link above. looks like this might be the last release before v6, they are running out of #s. I will be around if you run into issues and if something is incorrect in the notes above let me know so I can correct it please
    10-23-10 10:26 AM
    How do you downgrade from a higher OS to a previous version?
    10-23-10 10:27 AM
    just follow the line I wrote on the top post but you want to upgrade @ this point don't you?
    10-23-10 10:28 AM
    Yes, just wondering if i have to go back to .884. I don't remeber how to do it.
    10-23-10 10:33 AM
    if you follow the steps above you won't have to. be careful and check your steps. remove any service books and certs and anything else you have added. do a wipe and kill off all your apps with the check box before you update the os. start from square one. if bdnita did it without issue, so can you. alright?
    10-23-10 10:42 AM
    I never could get my phone to update the operating system...my 9100 is v5.0.0.882...so I just moved past that. I had trouble getting the certificates into the phone. I had to load them through BB desktop version 5 with syncronize certificates. The rest was fairly seamless. I just love seeing the UMA in the corner...makes me feel like I am saving a heap of money in cell minute usage as I have a 750 plan but do have unlimited text and data. Being that I was in disbelief that UMA was working, I tested it out by turning off my mobile network to see that I could still make calls. What Google apps are you referring to?
    10-23-10 10:46 AM
    why could not not update it and why could you not get the certs saved to the device?
    10-23-10 12:17 PM
    Ok, Kurtla, done it. I'm on .921. Same yellow? and when I reboot UMA sttings goes to 3GPP rev.6
    10-23-10 12:34 PM
    totally insane. you did not put any service books on it and you took everything off you put on?
    10-23-10 01:06 PM
    Don't know - that is why I skipped updating the phone. Don't know why I could not get the certs to save to the phone either, so I used a different route. Bottom line is that I got the same results. Sorry but I am not very "techie", I don't have those answers for you! But...your instructions led me in the right direction. thanks
    10-23-10 02:20 PM
    totally insane. you did not put any service books on it and you took everything off you put on?
    Yes, I removed all service book, took everything off, wipe. Updated OS to .921 (not .972 yet). Same result. UMA works as before it is just that if I reboot it does not save the UMA setting to 1.0.3 but goes back to default 3GGP, UMA keeps working but under the default setting and I am not able to make it stick.

And there is always the yellow ?
    10-23-10 03:55 PM
    On the yellow ?, I don't have the error message anymore (that was fixed with the previous BES wipe), it says "implicitely trusted" and shows the root certificate, it also says "Stale Chain Status"
    10-23-10 04:03 PM
    Don't know - that is why I skipped updating the phone. Don't know why I could not get the certs to save to the phone either, so I used a different route. Bottom line is that I got the same results. Sorry but I am not very "techie", I don't have those answers for you! But...your instructions led me in the right direction. thanks
    got it, sometimes it takes a few times a few different ways
    10-23-10 08:33 PM
    On the yellow ?, I don't have the error message anymore (that was fixed with the previous BES wipe), it says "implicitely trusted" and shows the root certificate, it also says "Stale Chain Status"
    I am confused, are you using a bes server or not?
    10-23-10 08:34 PM
    not going to have much time in the next few days for this - you said something about a bes wipe - if you are on bes that can change everything - your old profile if you are using it might be interfering with settings not sticking, that is exactly what I went though. blow away your entire bes profile and do not have it save any user settings on the server. do not wipe your device via bes, do it right on the device and wipe all the apps you have with it. makes sure the certs are history then start over.
    10-24-10 12:58 PM
    The device is not on BES. I never registered it on BES. When I started with the previous instructions I imported the the service book from my other bb (which is on BES). Now since the past 2 wipes I have not imported the service book, as you suggested, and I would say that the improvement is the fact that the certificate no longer gives me an error message but says "stale chain ".

The problem is rebooting. The UMA seetings just does not stick to 1.0.3 but reverts to default. Leaving a side the yellow ?

The device, since the last 2 wipes is as it comes from factory except for the 2 OS upgrade (.884 and .921) I did not put anything on it, but same problem. I really don't know what else to think.

Sorry if it was a bit counfusing in the previous post.
    10-24-10 04:53 PM
    I though I read bes wipe so I wondered. the bb key should option you to clear the stale chain but guess what - my UMA drop down reset to default. I know, crazy. but I have no yel? and UMA is showing but I had the following error below when I ran diag - disabled and re-enabled my router entry on the device and the error cleared. this is working with the drop down not set right so I am thinking it does not need to be set correctly for it to work. when I boot my device it takes a while for UMA to engage, could be its sensitive to router brands or firmware

UMA
    Connection Pref.: Wi-Fi Preferred
    UMA Wi-Fi Available: Successful
    Connection: N/A
    Error Code:
    10-24-10 05:58 PM
140 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD