Please help me,
    My phone didnt drop in water, but I had my phone in my bra.
    I was doing community service and had no where to place my phone so i decided to put it in my bra. My phone was in there for hours and when I was about to leave for home I took my phone out, that's when I realized my phone had water damage from my own sweat. I could see the water in the screen. The phone was off while I had it secured in my bra.
    I took out the battery and left the phone alone, but i do not know how long my sweat was in the phone. The battery was hot when i opened the phone.

Can somebody please give a resolution for a water damaged phone, and is it as bad as having my phone in a puddle of water?
    09-19-09 02:42 PM
    Wow, interesting situation. Not sure how long ago this happened, but it has been said that if you take the battery out and place your phone in a zip lock bag of white rice right away and seal shut it may dry out the moisture and save the phone. Good luck!
    09-19-09 02:48 PM
    How to deal with a BB that's water damaged

Humidity can cause the phone to get "wet" too. Just follow the instructions in the link.
    09-19-09 02:49 PM
    That is no water damage, don't worry. What you saw there was your own sweat, just wiping the BlackBerry clean will make it look like new. Sweat alone can not make much harm. The battery was warm, because your body produced heat and the BlackBerry obviously had intimate contact with your... you know

Now... why did the Pearl turn off? Do not worry, you did nothing wrong. The Pearl suffers from a problem not yet fixed by RIM (may / may not affect other BlackBerry smartphones). The problem is that even if the Pearl is locked, holding down the End key will cause it to shut down. Sometimes happens to me when the Pearl is in my pocket for example. Most likely happened to you, because the Pearl was squeezed in tightly between your... you know (again)

In short, do not worry. Put the battery back in your Pearl and continue to use it just like you were previously. It did not suffer from "water damage" or "sweat damage"

P.S. Sorry if my post sounds a bit... suggestive

EDIT: I re-read your post once more to understand the situation better... was the phone turned off and you put it in your bra or was the phone off when you took it out? How did you notice there was water damage?
    Last edited by shinkodachi; 09-19-09 at 02:55 PM.
    09-19-09 02:51 PM
    That is no water damage, don't worry. What you saw there was your own sweat, just wiping the BlackBerry clean will make it look like new. Sweat alone can not make much harm. The battery was warm, because your body produced heat and the BlackBerry obviously had intimate contact with your... you know

Now... why did the Pearl turn off? Do not worry, you did nothing wrong. The Pearl suffers from a problem not yet fixed by RIM (may / may not affect other BlackBerry smartphones). The problem is that even if the Pearl is locked, holding down the End key will cause it to shut down. Sometimes happens to me when the Pearl is in my pocket for example. Most likely happened to you, because the Pearl was squeezed in tightly between your... you know (again)

In short, do not worry. Put the battery back in your Pearl and continue to use it just like you were previously. It did not suffer from "water damage" or "sweat damage"

P.S. Sorry if my post sounds a bit... suggestive

EDIT: I re-read your post once more to understand the situation better... was the phone turned off and you put it in your bra or was the phone off when you took it out? How did you notice there was water damage?

Thanks for the reply
    I turned my phone off before i put it in my bra.
    I didnt put it in my pocket because the keyboard is soo sensitive

and I saw it as water damage because the water was in the screen. It cleared up but there is still a lil bit on the side of the phone (it looked like fog and water in the screen) I tried to turn my phone on but it wouldnt turn on and it's not because the battery is dead because I charged it fully last night.

Instead of it being sweat is it possible that it is humidity that made it wet like one of the repliers suggested?
    09-19-09 03:17 PM
    Humidity is a possibility, although the possibilities are endless. I would suggest you consult a friend of yours or a professional to disassemble the BlackBerry for you and look in more detail where exactly did the sweat get and which components in your BlackBerry are likely causing the undesired effects of not turning on.

When you say the phone does not power on does the LED light do anything? Also, what if you plug in the battery and connect the BlackBerry via USB cable to your home computer? Does it get recognized?

- Yousif
    09-20-09 03:38 AM
    Humidity is a possibility, although the possibilities are endless. I would suggest you consult a friend of yours or a professional to disassemble the BlackBerry for you and look in more detail where exactly did the sweat get and which components in your BlackBerry are likely causing the undesired effects of not turning on.

When you say the phone does not power on does the LED light do anything? Also, what if you plug in the battery and connect the BlackBerry via USB cable to your home computer? Does it get recognized?

- Yousif
    Yes, when i put in the battery,
    the red LED light comes on but the screen or keyboard doesn't light up.
    I did not try to plug the phone to my computer
    09-20-09 03:16 PM
    Plug it, now. Chances are it gets recognized, which indicates hope for the Pearl.
    09-20-09 03:34 PM
    Before i do that
    What does it mean when the red led indicator comes on but the screen and keyboard do not light up?

Are there chances that my phone is still working??
    09-20-09 03:36 PM
    I know this sounds stupid, but put it in a bag of rice and it will obsorb the water. if you dont believe me do a google search on it
    09-20-09 03:48 PM
    follow link in signature
    09-20-09 04:03 PM
    I know this sounds stupid, but put it in a bag of rice and it will obsorb the water. if you dont believe me do a google search on it
    My sister bumped her phone off the counter and into the toilet, turned it off immediately, removed the battery, rinsed it, patted it dry and put it in a large glass full of rice for a couple of days.

Someone also suggested the silica gel packs that come with some clothing and shoes which is made to absorb moisture.
    11-02-09 01:51 PM
    follow link in signature
    Excellent write up, hope i never have to use it. The only thing i can add regarding the "water fairies" or however u so eloquently put it i remember from high school chemistry: osmosis is the migration from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration, water is pretty good at this, ever leave the chips or cereal bag open overnight in summertime? The moisture from the air has migrated to your snacks and made them mushy, rice is really, really dry and will actually suck moisture from wherever it can, especially in a sealed zip lock baggie. i sure hope this makes sense, it did in high school, but i was kinda "high" often there.
    11-24-09 04:09 AM
    Shinkodachi, yes sweat can do your phone in. Sometimes I sweat heavy and I have had problems with devices in the past and of course when the carrier finds out that the little moisture sticker has changed, they deem it water damaged, point blank. I have to use a headset/bluetooth in the summer because of this problem. My sweat damage phone count: 5!!!
    11-24-09 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD