Thamk you in advance for help. I switched over from a Treo 650 today, and I love my new Pearl, but I'm having trouble downloading new themes. I can see them in my applications list, but not when I go to the theme option list. I am seriously listing after the iBerry theme, and any help would be very appreciated.
    09-14-07 07:59 PM
    All you need to do is pull the battery while the phone is on, wait a few seconds, put the battery back in, and the new themes should appear in the list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-07 09:37 PM
    Yay ! The wonders of a Battery pull
    10-11-07 07:09 AM
    Make sure the theme is compatible with your device too. I've download some themes that didn't work on my 8830, and they showed in the apps list but weren't available when I tired to set them in themes.
    10-11-07 10:10 AM
    also, if the person exported them for a specific OS like 4.2.2 it won't show up.

I exported mine as 4.2.2 which my pearl is and it didn't work, so I tried 4.2.0 and wahla!

Ah the joys of technology and their stubborn side :P
    10-11-07 10:25 AM
    i tried taking the battery out while my bb was on..looked for themes and they still arent there ..i find them in applications
    12-12-07 10:04 PM
    It probably is the OS issue. Make sure the them is created for your specific OS. You could also try Googling for "Bphone theme" it's very similar to "iberry", and it works on my 8100 with slightly older OS.
    12-14-07 05:11 PM
    Are.you loading theme through DM or OTA, that might make a difference sometimes.

Also, try to load plazmic reader on your phone, it helps with some themes.
    I have it on mine and so far haven't had problem with any theme I tried.
    12-14-07 05:37 PM
    I tried the "battery pull" and it didnt work for me (same problem as original question) It was actually hard for me to pull the battery like that! It felt like I was yanking its little heart out! I just got the pearl a month or so ago, my first Blackberry and I love it!!!
    12-19-07 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD