Just bought a Blackberry Pearl 8130, used, from someone....and got my number switched over today. (Big problems with my LG8600 dying instantly on me and not being able to convert the contacts yet...but thats another story).

My other problem is, I can't get my text messages from people. I can send them just fine, and they receive them. But when they send one to me, it doesn't show up. ??? I'm confused about where they could be going? I get my voice mails and emails just fine in the messages folder, but don't receive the texts ??

Also, on another note, when I click the web browser icon in the applications menu, it takes me to the email set up menu....?? Can't figure that one out either. How do you switch icons to make them take you to different applications....or whatever?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    11-03-08 07:31 PM
    Call tech support, they might have to refresh a couple things on there end.
    11-03-08 11:38 PM
    1. Go to options > Status. What numbers do you see for File free?

2. When you have the browser open, press menu > close. Next time you open the browser it should be back to normal.
    11-03-08 11:50 PM
    Browser now operating normal.

For file free I have 2646844 bytes showing.

Call Blackberry tech support or Alltel (my service provider)?

Edit: On the phone with Tech support from Alltel....the department dealing with Blackberry's specifically. They say this is a common problem with the Blackberry Pearl 8130 and they have a solution for me. Will update when I get off the phone.
    Last edited by Csummerlin15; 11-04-08 at 07:51 AM.
    11-04-08 07:01 AM
    Problem solved. I needed the new software. The software I had (older version) was randomly showing 0 bytes of free file space and would run its memory clean application...cleaning out my call log, messages, etc...and not even allowing text's to come through. But with the new software, that is all taken care of and is working great now.
    11-04-08 10:02 AM
    Any time "File Free" drops below 12 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    11-04-08 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD