Hi all,

I've got a Blackberry 8110 pearl, which is approx 6 months old ... and it's started acting odd ... Not sure if all info below is relevant, but I thought more info the better!

On Tuesday night my phone was almost out of battery, which I was suprised about, as it seemed to have gone down quite quickly, but I didn't worry too much, just plugged it in to charge overnight.

Then in the morning the egg timmer kept coming on and off, staying on and turning for 2 secs then off for one, then on again ... so I took the battery out, put it back in and it stopped. BUT I noticed that the arrows in top right corner (the ones that come up when you're sending/receiving texts/emails/data etc) kept coming up ... thought it would settle down, so didn't worry.

Then later that day, it was STILL doing it, and the battery went right down again - so I had a look on this website, and just in case did all the 'clearing of memory' stuff - eg clearing emails/texts/clearing cache, AND took the battery back out and left it out for just over a minute, but it's still doing the arrows thing and the battery is still falling - it feels as if the phone is trying to send/receive something, but what? And how do I stop it?

Also, just realised that I'm not receiving emails from my GMail account anymore. Just did a test and I can send them, just not receiving them on my phone anymore ... I can still send/receive calls/texts/blackberry messages.

So - is phone completely gone? Don't think the battery can go - as it was fine before Weds - surely it won't just die overnight? Are there things I can try? Please? I'm not insured, so not sure I can get a new one now! Arrgghhhh!

Here's hoping some kind person will help me
    Sharon
    xxx
    02-05-09 12:55 AM
    Does your device work ok while you are plugged in?

What does your file free memory read?

Are you running Facebook?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 02:05 AM
    Hi, yes it does, but still has the arrows as if sending/receiving data...

YES run facebook, but it's always been on there, and hasn't caused a problem before?

memory free is: 18247178

Thank you
    02-05-09 03:04 AM
    Facebook/viigo, something is constantly trying to refresh through your browser. Figure out which app and you'll solve your problem.
    02-05-09 03:49 AM
    Ok, thanks

Don't have Viigo, so am deleting Facebook.

Will this be what is also not making me receive emails do you think?

S
    02-05-09 03:56 AM
    Hi,

Ok, just deleted Facebook, and on the reboot got ALL my email messages that hadn't been forwarded, and phone SEEMS to be ok for now!

Thank you for your help it was much appreciated!!

Sx
    02-05-09 04:07 AM
    Quite possible, I've never used it myself, but I know there have been a lot of posts addressing issues with it.
    02-05-09 04:07 AM
    Quite possible, I've never used it myself, but I know there have been a lot of posts addressing issues with it.
    When i had my 8100 i had Facebook on my phone (4.2/4.5) and i didnt have one problem with Facebook until i got the 4.5os, din't make since to me but i will confirm that FB does "srsly" jack the phone up, assuming that you are using 4.5.
    02-05-09 07:29 AM
    I apologize for getting back here so much later Sharon, my addiction was overcome by sleep earlier. I am glad to see things seem to be returning some sense of normality. When I saw that you had something trying to update continuously, thought you might be having FaceBook problems. Thank you, everyone else, for picking up on this and helping out!

02-05-09 10:15 AM
    my phone was doing the exact same thing so I deleted my facebook application and it started working again. But have you tried reinstalling face book back on your phone? i like having that application but don't want it to screw up my phone again. thanks!
    02-07-09 09:08 AM
    I did reinstall the FB app but the phone went AWOL again ....
    02-07-09 09:18 AM
    Facebook is particularly hard on the Pearl, and I've read it can really give you fits from it's voracious usage of free memory. I dunno if you'll ever find a happy medium with it at this time.

02-07-09 09:21 AM
    the only thing you can do is what my wife does m.facebook.com
    02-07-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD