i will admit that i am new at using a bb, but i have never had so many problems. first off, i cannot get the silly thing to sync my information from my treo 650 to my bb using the bb manager. my husband downloaded microsoft outlook and it will transfer 559 out of 589 of my calender events and then stops. also, i had been recieving mms the first day i got it and after the first day the songs that come with the messages won't go through. now i cant even get the messages to come through, it says "cannot receive message" try again later
    03-14-08 09:16 PM
    Contact VZW this may be a network issue
    03-14-08 09:21 PM
    i will admit that i am new at using a bb, but i have never had so many problems. first off, i cannot get the silly thing to sync my information from my treo 650 to my bb using the bb manager. my husband downloaded microsoft outlook and it will transfer 559 out of 589 of my calender events and then stops. also, i had been recieving mms the first day i got it and after the first day the songs that come with the messages won't go through. now i cant even get the messages to come through, it says "cannot receive message" try again later
    When you state "it" will transfer 559 out of 589 calendar events are you saying treo to outlook or outlook to BB? If it's outlook to BB, then using Desktop Manager click>backup/restore>advanced> select the calender DB on the right hand (handheld) side and press clear. (this will delete the entire calendar from the BB. Then backout and click synch>Synchronize Now. It should load the full calendar. If that fails you will have to go into the synch logs and determine the offending entry (most likely missed first or last name or no number).

ON MMS, try a battery pull and see if it clears (Actually just do this first.)

Good Luck!
    03-14-08 09:22 PM
    Also you probably know this, but definitely back up your Palm contacts and export it as a file through Outlook, that way you have a backup if you erase the stuff on your Palm AND BB....

Good luck
    03-14-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD