May be a coincidence but since I downloaded the latest OS for my Pearl 8110 I've been having problems with the phone turning itself off multiple random times throughout the day. Also a lot of operation lag and sometimes just flat out frozen screens.

Much appreciated if anyone has a fix for this before I go back and reinstall the previous version.
    04-20-09 10:19 AM
    Anyone have an idea?
    04-21-09 10:44 PM
    I wrote a thread last week hoping for help, I brought a brand new 8110 pearl from at&t and during almost all my calls the phone would shut off and reboot. I wipe my phone clean and installed the OS again phone was perfect for a week. Then during a call my phone started to reboot again, I checked the log and this over the air update that I wrote about in my thread took place exactly the time my phone started to act buggy. I put the link to my posting down below, other people who have had this problem get feedback to just pull the battery and that fixes alot of problems, but in this case it doesn't. I feel its that OTA update, and I got zero postings so far. I know how it feels to have no one respond but maybe my findings could help come up with a solution. Good Luck.

forums.crackberry.com/f79/bb-pearl-8110-turning-off-over-air-updates-211252
    04-26-09 03:20 PM
    Looks like we're on our own here. My pearl always shuts off when I'm not looking; I go to use it and find that it is turned off, I've never caught it in the act so I have no idea of any on screen messages as it happens. Might be time to get rid of it, a shame because it suits me fine when it works properly, but it has gotten intermittently very lethargic in addition to this problem since the 'upgrade'.
    04-27-09 08:16 AM
    I hope somebody has an idea. I have a similar problem: My 8120 shuts off and re-boots itself about half the time that I simply try to type in a phone number! It does not do this if I place a call from the address book or if I simply press the send key to return a missed call. I have had no other problems with this phone and I enjoy the features, but somtimes I would like to be able to simply PLACE A PHONE CALL!
    05-11-09 02:08 PM
    I too am having this problem along with other issues like having my BB conversations being deleted as soon as I get them or as I am opening them to read. Also have horrible lag all the time now, even during calls. I am currently using V4.5.0.158 (platform 2.7.0.106).
    05-15-10 11:35 AM
    I had the exact same problem. Wiped the phone, started from scratch and it still shut down randomly.

Took out the microSD card, phone was fine. Figured it was a coincidence. Put the microSD card back in, phone kept shutting off randomly. Tried the phone without the card for an entire day and it stayed on. But as soon as I put the card back in, it shut off.

So I tried a different microSD card and the phone has been fine since then.
    05-26-10 10:26 AM
    I too am having this problem along with other issues like having my BB conversations being deleted as soon as I get them or as I am opening them to read. Also have horrible lag all the time now, even during calls. I am currently using V4.5.0.158 (platform 2.7.0.106).
    You should probably update to the most current os for your phone. Also, if it is deleting messages, you are probably running really low on free memory.

As for the SD card thing, sometimes all you need to do is backup all the contents of your sd-card to a pc, and then re-format your sd card while it is in your phone. Chances are, that'll take care of the issue. Usually, that is from a file that got corrupted on the sd card.
    05-26-10 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD