hey i just tried to download opera mini 4.1 and it downloaded but then when i try to go to it it says "Failed to connect to the internet" go to http://www.operamini.com/help?version=4.1 with your desktop browser or contact your service provider for internet settings.

i went to this site, which led me to this page http://www.operamini.com/help/connec...%29&region=USA

asking to select my country and provider so i did, and then it gives me this link to tmobile to set up but i clicked on it and blackberry was not one of the options.

i have no idea how to do the manual set up.

i do have a data plan so i dunno why it wouldn't work

help me >.<
    05-13-08 11:33 AM
    T-Mobile (Web, BlackBerry): Manual Setup*

APN
    wap.voicestream.com

Also for T-Mobile BlackBerry
    DNS
    DNS
    Proxy

Address
    Port

Or go here for automated setup:
    T-Mobile Wireless Data Configurator
    05-13-08 11:37 AM
    well when i went to click on that site for automatic set up, a list of phones was there, and blackberry was not one.

i restarted my phone cuz i removed a couple applications, and now it works.

so do i now use opera mini instead of my blackberry's browser button?
    05-13-08 11:40 AM

so do i now use opera mini instead of my blackberry's browser button?
    You can - absolutely. Your choice now.
    05-13-08 11:43 AM
    Which browser is better?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 02:06 PM
    That's something only you can decide.
    05-13-08 02:14 PM
    I believe Opera reports itself as a "normal" desktop type browser, so you end up seing the full html versions of websites instead of mobile versions (if available). This is generally a good thing since you see web pages the same as they would appear on a normal computer. However it may get in the way of mobile specific functions such as OTA applications installs, and is certainly slower due to the graphics.
    Short answer: I still use both regularly.
    05-13-08 06:11 PM
    is there any browser other than the blackberry browser that I can use to get over the air downloads? my browser requires service books sent, and opera mini can't down OTA. I still dont know if i get charged for using opera on my bell 15 email plan....but if there's any advice let me know please
    05-13-08 06:17 PM
    As of now, the only browser for OTA's is the native BB Browser.
    05-13-08 06:27 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply chaz, by any chance do you know if since I can't access my bb browser, that opera won't incur charges since the browser on the bb doesnt work?
    05-13-08 06:28 PM
    I can't say with any certainty, as I"m not familiar with Bell's plans. With AT&T, there's no extra charge, but I also have unlimited data.
    05-13-08 06:30 PM
    I have a quick question about opera. I accidentally told the browser not to allow one of my websites to access a connection or something like that, and now I can't access the site at all. The message doesn't even come up again. Does anyone know how I can undo this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 10:17 PM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Opera Mini. Highlight, press menu and choose edit permissions. Set everything to allow.
    05-13-08 11:06 PM
    Is there a different setup for att?

Thanks
    05-15-08 03:55 PM
    Is there a different setup for att?

Thanks
    Also, is there a way to ensure Opera Mini is using my WiFi connection instead of another data connection?
    05-16-08 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD