Hello, I hope somebody can help with a minor but annoying issue I have.

I use a BlackBerry 8100. I have two email addresses (same domain) which are collected by the handset.

My handset stopped working yesterday so Orange sent me a new one by courier.

The issue is this: now, when I receive an email the front screen does not distinguish between the two email addresses. Previously the icon for each email address would be marked by a red asterix indicating an email had arrived at the address. Now all I get is a red asterix on the general messages icon regardless of which email address has received the mail.

Minor issue, I know, but extremely irritating. Can anybody tell me how to sort it out?
    05-22-08 04:09 AM
    Hi

First thing to try is a battery pull, take the battery out with the device powered on for 30 seconds then replace.

Let us know if this solves the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 05:42 AM
    If the battery pull did not resolve the problem, check this:

Open each email folder > Options > General Options > Display New Message Indicator > Yes
    05-22-08 06:34 AM
    Hello, I hope somebody can help with a minor but annoying issue I have.

I use a BlackBerry 8100. I have two email addresses (same domain) which are collected by the handset.

My handset stopped working yesterday so Orange sent me a new one by courier.

The issue is this: now, when I receive an email the front screen does not distinguish between the two email addresses. Previously the icon for each email address would be marked by a red asterix indicating an email had arrived at the address. Now all I get is a red asterix on the general messages icon regardless of which email address has received the mail.

Minor issue, I know, but extremely irritating. Can anybody tell me how to sort it out?
    sounds like youre gonna have to go to your carriers website and register the emails addy's with your new device. (trust me, im on my 3rd REPLACEMENT pearl... im a clumsy id1ot)

once you re-register your email addy's and re-send the service books you would pull the battery and they should be there.
    05-22-08 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD