Hi,

I just got a BB through Verizon - an 8130 Pearl. I've had this phone for a little less than a week now. I've only downloaded 2 apps - facebook and google sync. Sometime yesterday evening, my call log, SMS and MMS messages were deleted from my BB...and now it's continuously deleting everything (I make one call, the call stays for an hour or so, next time I look it's gone...same with texts). I looked around the forums and saw that no memory was a common reason for this problem. I went to options and viewed my status and it says my file free is 1608821 Bytes, so I'm not falling into the 0 memory available category (I think). I've also had my 10 ringtones that I downloaded saved to my SD card and my pictures are also on the SD card as well (I think I have less than 20 pictures, not including verizon default ones)

So, can anybody tell me why my call log and sms and mms have all been deleted? It is getting pretty annoying since I like having my SMS/MMS messages and my Call Log available. Please help!
    02-27-08 11:40 AM
    Hi,

I just got a BB through Verizon - an 8130 Pearl. I've had this phone for a little less than a week now. I've only downloaded 2 apps - facebook and google sync. Sometime yesterday evening, my call log, SMS and MMS messages were deleted from my BB...and now it's continuously deleting everything (I make one call, the call stays for an hour or so, next time I look it's gone...same with texts). I looked around the forums and saw that no memory was a common reason for this problem. I went to options and viewed my status and it says my file free is 1608821 Bytes, so I'm not falling into the 0 memory available category (I think). I've also had my 10 ringtones that I downloaded saved to my SD card and my pictures are also on the SD card as well (I think I have less than 20 pictures, not including verizon default ones)

So, can anybody tell me why my call log and sms and mms have all been deleted? It is getting pretty annoying since I like having my SMS/MMS messages and my Call Log available. Please help!
    If this is correct and not a typo or you miss a number, that's only 1meg. And that is your problem. Double check and let us know
    02-27-08 11:43 AM
    Nope not a typo, it actually changed to 1506357. How is all my memory being used up when I only added Google Sync and Facebook!? My other stuff is going to the SD card...(or maybe it's saved on both? how can I tell) Thanks!
    02-27-08 11:47 AM
    heh, 1MB is nothing

lilx8n6el: mega is million

so look at your mem.. 12000000 is 12 meg, 1000000 is 1, etc.
    02-27-08 11:52 AM
    Pull the battery (reset) and then tell me what you got. Just running apps, getting email, sms, mms will use memory. It's got nothing to do with what you have stored on your card. Think of it as RAM on a PC. Every once in a while you need to restart it because things are slowing down. Same here, only when memory gets low, the BB starts dumping/deleting stuff.
    02-27-08 11:53 AM
    powered off, took the battery out. Turned phone back on and have:
    14327529, 14MB?
    02-27-08 11:58 AM
    Much better 14 meg vs 1meg! See how things work for a while.
    Just for future referance you can leave the phone on.
    02-27-08 11:59 AM
    thanks...do i need to do this reset often??
    02-27-08 12:00 PM
    Yea it's a good idea. Some do it once a week. Just monitor you memory and when it get a little low, do a reset. Just don't get all crazy about watching it. You'll be fine.
    02-27-08 12:02 PM
    close out your APPS as opposed to hitting the escape or end call buttons.

clear your browser cache as well.
    02-27-08 12:03 PM
    Here.. got to this site and download and install the Soft rest program. Does the same but without having to pull your battery.

geek and proud - BlackBerry Software
    02-27-08 12:05 PM
    THANKS again!!!!!!!
    02-27-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD