I was looking through loader files and i noticed a bunch of alx files in the folder containing the java folder. see pic

So i was looking around for a safe way to delete the browser completely, so i removed the file and opened desktop manager, and the browser wasnt on the list... wow it dissappeared completely. So i clicked next and this is what i saw...

At the top of that list is MMS... not good... does this mean that i lose MMS if i delete the browser???

Anyways, thats my question, any help is greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    08-13-09 07:13 PM
    I have been known to be wrong before, but as far as I know, the MMS feature uses parts of the browser (or more correctly, the MMS program is part of the browser package) - so AFAIK you CANNOT just nuke the browser and have everything else work as it once did.
    08-14-09 08:47 AM
    I have been known to be wrong before, but as far as I know, the MMS feature uses parts of the browser (or more correctly, the MMS program is part of the browser package) - so AFAIK you CANNOT just nuke the browser and have everything else work as it once did.
    well that sucks, but thanks for your help
    08-15-09 02:28 PM
    Linda, may I ask you WHY it is so important to you to remove the RIM browser? Just curious, is all.
    08-16-09 09:04 AM
    im a memory junkie... I WANT MORE!!! lol
    08-18-09 03:04 PM
    Why? Right out of the box you have 128MB. That's 32MB more than Curve and twice the old school Pearl. They're happy to have 12MB free.

Personally, I'm happy *not* bricking my 8220 for a few extra MB. But you go right ahead. I'll make popcorn for the fireworks. ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 06:04 PM
    im a memory junkie... I WANT MORE!!! lol
    I have quite a software load on mine, and my memory is constant at 62.3MB; give or take 0.1MB - with the memory staying stable like that, more isn't necessary. App memory is there, to be used for apps. It's not bad unless it gets critically low. All a high amount of app memory indicates is room for more apps.
    08-18-09 07:28 PM
    Personally, I'm happy *not* bricking my 8220 for a few extra MB. But you go right ahead. I'll make popcorn for the fireworks. ;-)

Just back it up first, and then brick away. It's REALLY hard to truly brick a Blackberry..... The worst i've gotten is a 507 reload software message. And that was because I purposely ran JL_Cmdr
    08-18-09 07:29 PM
    Just back it up first, and then brick away. It's REALLY hard to truly brick a Blackberry..... The worst i've gotten is a 507 reload software message. And that was because I purposely ran JL_Cmdr
    honestly, its kinda fun finding you limits

half the time I search the forums thinking "hmm what can i mess with today?"
    08-24-09 01:51 PM
    Why? Right out of the box you have 128MB. That's 32MB more than Curve and twice the old school Pearl. They're happy to have 12MB free.

Why bother posting if your just going to criticize.

Just because you have no balls.... does a 507 error scare you?

You go hide and eat your popcorn, I'll take my chances thanks!
    08-24-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD