Hey there, I`ve had my 8220 flip for just over a couple of weeks now and so far pretty good. Two questions though.

First, has anyone tried to pair a Motorola H700 bluetooth headset with it? The phone tells me it is is successfully paired, yet the headset seems to be on mute when I try to talk to someone. I've tried the "unmute" procedure on the headset (pressing both volume buttons at once) and no luck.

Second, this will eventually become my only phone, no land line. For those of you who have had an 8220 for some time, does it seem like it will stand the test of time? Or at least until my next upgrade, LOL? How's it holding up? I can still bring it back and get the Curve if I change my mind in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks
    02-03-09 02:56 PM
    I used a Curve for a few months and from my experience, the phone quality of the 8220 is far superior. These phones are tough little buggers, but I would suggest putting some type of protection on it (I use a bse, other members have different types of cases). you should be fine until you want to upgrade again.
    02-03-09 03:01 PM
    Ive had it since november and i kill phones.....I went through 5 pearls before i went to the flip.

I like it, like TeritaM said, theyre tough little buggers! They can take alot.

I only have the screen protectors on mine. Why hide a flip in a case! I definately recomend the screen protectors - $10, but will save you from some brutal scratches.

I havent had a land line in almost 10 years i just use my blackberry and it works great. The only issue you might have down the road is the battery. But that can be replaced quite cheaply.
    02-03-09 03:36 PM
    On the Bluetooth check to see if the handset is active insteas of the bluetooth. If so click the blackberry button and select use BT headset.
    02-03-09 05:48 PM
    I use the HS850, H670 and HT820 and never had any problems with either one of them. I'd follow zwood's advice first, or you might have a faulty headset.
    02-03-09 06:45 PM
    I use the HS850, H670 and HT820 and never had any problems with either one of them. I'd follow zwood's advice first, or you might have a faulty headset.
    I just upgraded a couple of weeks ago from a Motorola RAZR, and my H700 was working fine. It's possible, but would be a pretty freaky coincidence that my headset would die at the exact moment that I upgraded my phone.

zwood - My phone says I am in handsfree mode but still not working. I can activate voice dialing but the phone won't "hear" me.
    02-04-09 08:34 PM
    Can you hear calls through the headset? Can they hear you?

As for the voice dialing, talk louder!
    02-04-09 08:38 PM
    Try removing the headset from the Bluetooth profiles and pair once more.
    02-04-09 08:47 PM
    Can you hear calls through the headset? Can they hear you?

As for the voice dialing, talk louder!
    I can hear fine through the headset and it's funny you mention talking louder. When I first tried this I was in my car yelling at my headset! LOL!

I've tried deleting the headset profile and re-pairing several times.

-----Edit-----

Actually, I just tried my headset on someone else's phone and I have the same problem. Looks like the headset crapped out on me after I took the SIM card out of my RAZR and before I put it in my Blackberry. What are the odds of that happening?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, looks like I'm going shopping for a new headset tomorrow.
    Last edited by jc_halifax; 02-05-09 at 07:57 PM.
    02-05-09 07:42 PM
    That'll be $20 for the diagnosis..
    02-05-09 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD