Hi,

I am a total noob when it comes to dealing with the pearl. I've ignored using hte desktop manager and I just transfered a song to my phone through a card reader. I set it as my ringtone but after a few seconds the song restarts.

I've tried using the Media manager but that thing keeps telling me that i have no space but I really have a 2gig card in the phone.

Any solutions to my Ring problem? I would like the song not to restart and keep playing?
    07-11-07 01:01 AM
    Was the ringtone one you made, or download from a website? Try another one, from here...
    07-11-07 04:33 AM
    I've made a bunch of ringtones and I've found that if you simply use a full mp3 file as your ringtone (not quite sure if that's what you did...hard to tell from your post), sometimes your phone will decide itself how long to make the audio loop...

Most phones (BB included) can use ringtones that are up to 30 sec. in length...try editing your mp3 file (here's a link to Create-Ringtone - they give you a 15 day trial I think - it's a great program) & then upload it to your phone...

Give it a shot...hopefully this helps you...
    07-11-07 08:47 AM
    There are also plenty of Free Cut & Edit MP3 programs that use Lame to export a ringtone. However length is an issue for some OS's and therefore dont pick up when a call comes in....
    07-11-07 11:19 AM
    i would suggest using the audacity free audio editing software. It is nice and will let you sample how it will sound looped.
    08-16-07 06:52 PM
    hey i have been having the same problem with my 8830world edition BB all my Ring tone files are cliped to 5-29 seconds and i still only get about 3 seconds of the song before it starts to loop. could it be a setting that i am missing. thanks in advance.
    05-26-08 10:45 PM
    I'm having the same issue even with a 17 second ringtone though it is 2.9mb. I used CDex to edit the song and transfered it with the memory card on an bb 8320. Crackberry's ringtones do work though they dont have the quality I am after. Any luck?
    Last edited by graysand3220; 05-27-08 at 01:08 AM.
    05-27-08 01:02 AM
    It seems to be more the size of the mp3 than its length. I have had success with ringtones up to 1Mb and I use 96Kbps as a bit rate in mono.

As a free editor Audacity works well but you need to download the lame_enc.dll file. Instructions for this are here Audacity: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?
    05-27-08 08:39 AM
    Alright, I was able to figure out my issue by still using CDex (will still download Audacity though). My problem was that the ringtones were in .wav format. The .wav format was too large of a format for the ringtones to play completely and were not totally compatatable of being a ringtone. I was able to convert all my ringtones from .wav to .mp3 at 128 bit rate and the ringtones now work fine. Again I used CDex to convert .wav to .mp3.
    05-27-08 11:20 AM
    It seems to be more the size of the mp3 than its length. I have had success with ringtones up to 1Mb and I use 96Kbps as a bit rate in mono.

As a free editor Audacity works well but you need to download the lame_enc.dll file. Instructions for this are here Audacity: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?
    Great additional information on Audacity Pete! I tracked this info down a few months back when I was authoring a few training videos for work. Needed a simple audio recording/editing tool and Audacity was it.
    05-27-08 05:24 PM
    The best site ive found for adding ringtones as well as wall papers for the home screen would be a website called mixertones.
    05-28-08 09:32 AM
    Hello,
    I am extremely obsessed with creating my own ringtones. I finally used Audacity to cut the mp3 files and then when i put them on my blackberry they played for the length i set it to. But when i recieved a call they only played for about 5 seconds and then started over again. Anyone know how to make it play for the desired length? Please and Thanks

-Ilia
    06-05-08 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD