Hello everybody, i upgraded my blackberry pearl 8100 from 4.2 to 4.5. Now 4.5 OS has some unique things that i love about it, but the camera is having problems, it has like a blue overlay, so everything looks blue. I've been trying to downgrade but i'm having trouble.

This is what i've done so far. Since i've been searching tutorials up on google.

I have deleted 4.5 from my computer and the vendor.xml

I've installed 4.2 os i think. i wasn't sure where to find the os. I used some links on some websites.

When i connect my bb pearl to the computer and click application loader it doesn't prompt me to downgrade.

Can somebody redirect me to doing this correctly. Possibly get me the links to the 4.2 OS and Desktop Manager.

Thanks in advance

LiBa
    08-18-08 06:14 PM
    DM & OS are independent and the versions don't have to match.

Having said that, here's a link to procedures to follow. One caveat: follow the steps exactly as given. They work when followed. If you deviate or start monkeying around, you can easily screw things up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    08-18-08 06:16 PM
    Thank you for that link so much. It helped out alot and i was able to downgrade it perfectly. One thing though, before i downgraded i backed up my files and after the downgrade all my address book contacts were gone. I imported from SIM card but that was only some of them, the ones i added while i had the blackberry are missing. Since i backed up everything, is it possible to import the old phone book contacts before the downgrade onto this one?

Thanks In Advance

LiBa
    08-19-08 12:10 AM
    never mind everybody, i found out how to.

Incase anyone has this problem in the future, this is how i resolved it.

I connected my BB Pearl, opened up Desktop Manager, opened up Backup or Restore, click Restore, locate the backup and replace.

LiBa
    08-19-08 02:33 AM
    try to upgrade 4.5.0.55 or higher, the camera bug was fix.
    08-20-08 07:52 AM
    try to upgrade 4.5.0.55 or higher, the camera bug was fix.
    I was just about to say that...I updated a Pearl last night to v.55 and resolved a few others things I was noticing as well...
    08-20-08 09:37 AM
    ya after i saw that the upgrade was avaliable and withe the new camera fix, so i upgraded. I love this upgrade, just the red LED light stays on after you get a call or txt, but i don't mind it.
    08-21-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD