hello, I have a pearl 8100, and here's my problem.

I recently downloaded "maxmem" to optimize my memory. I deleted the usual stuff, "VAD", and "TTY", but I also accidently deleted the suretype feature on my pearl. The next day i realized i couldn't enter my password correctly because I couldn't get some of the leterrs to enter, when i did, they were capitals, which were no use to me.

I then realized that suretype was part of the core applications, and I decided to reinstall the latest OS, in the sticky above. I installed the OS to my computer and ran it.

But i forgot to backup my data, the OS installed correctly and I removed my device. I did a battery pull and now the phone is stuck in the hourglass with a white backround, it has been so for the past 15 mins, what should i DO now??

Any feedback is appreciated, please help as I need this phone up and running by Monday for work.

Thanks
    01-10-09 05:30 PM
    If you followed the sticky procedure, you should have a data backup.
    Since you are using your computer CrackMem would be a better tool than MaxMem to free up memory:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    You should be able to repeat os install and be fine, but if not follow this:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    01-11-09 01:47 AM
    so the phone wont boot correctly now?
    01-11-09 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD