Help! I am losing all of my call log and text messages! I cant receive texts anymore but I can still get incoming calls - the calls will not stay in the call log. I can make a call or send a text and it shows up in the messages/call log but then dissapears within 5 minutes or so! I can still see emails...? What is the problem? Help!
    06-30-08 12:16 AM
    Welcome to CB. Its an internal mem issue. Check out John C Clarks thread about how to really clean it up. In the mean time, with your phone one pull the battery out and put it back after 30 seconds. Wait for it to boot back up, this can take a while so dont panic. Also make sure that you get a mem car for your ringtones and pics, and music this will kill your memory if yhou dont get a mem card. Hope this helps
    06-30-08 12:24 AM
    Definately sounds like low memory. Like stated above by CrackV, John Clark's memory thread is good or check this one out...http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-30-08 12:29 AM
    Check out this link. It should help How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com. Yo Garz, another one, I almost cry when I see them now LOL
    06-30-08 12:31 AM
    Thank you so much! I am so lost, trying to learn all of this stuff! I took my memory card out so maybe thats why...I will put it back in when I get home from work in the morning! I downloaded the corkberry theme and its dragging my phone down...on the phone it said to go to options and select the theme and press the "menu" key and then delete. "delete" is not on option when I press the menu button? How do I delete this theme?!? What is the "menu button"??? Thanks!
    06-30-08 12:32 AM
    IT's not the theme, it's all the other crap in there, kinda like a colon. LOL Read one or both of the links that Garz and I gave you before you get rid of it. Oh and the menu button is the one with the blackberry symbol on it. Second from the left if the screen is facing you.
    06-30-08 12:35 AM
    ok thanks guys! i will try and get back to you! muah!!
    06-30-08 12:55 AM
    ok I took out my battery and put it back in. I cant find John Clark's memory thread..where is it? Sorry I am really new to this! Thanks!
    06-30-08 01:06 AM
    alright, alright..I found the "search forums"! haha! I am an *****! Anyway, looks like taking the battery out worked for now. I am gonna sit here and go through John Clark's method and free up some memory. I will put my memory card in when I get home. Thanks for your help. I am starting to learn the site now! Thanks again! MUAH MUAH MUAH!!!
    06-30-08 01:28 AM
    Yep same on my BB! I was losing texts & call log. Got a mem card & got rid of some of the stuff that I don't need! I've learned to check the status of my mem & when it gets low I erase my in messages!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 11:15 AM
    As everyone and their brother said... you are experiencing the Pearl Curse!! Internal memory issues!!

So follow Stoner's Guide (links are in my signature for the guides to free up memory!!)
    06-30-08 11:17 AM
    i am having the same problem, but i have a 2gb memory card and there is nothing on my phone taking up space. i still have 1.8gb of my memory card.
    07-02-08 01:17 AM
    i am having the same problem, but i have a 2gb memory card and there is nothing on my phone taking up space. i still have 1.8gb of my memory card.
    I would strongly suggest you follow the links above to clear and check your internal memory. Your memory card has nothing to do with the internal memory that the OS uses for your phone to operate correctly.
    Last edited by tourmalinecanyon; 07-03-08 at 03:56 AM.
    07-02-08 09:46 AM
    You are loosing memory, your phone deletes those so you dont run out of memory
    07-03-08 03:53 AM
    I have this same problem and I just installed a 4GB memory card. I have 3.7GB free space. Can the memory card not be a back-up once the internal memory is running out? Is there a way to do this? I've deleted all the applications I do not need or want. I thought purchasing a bigger memory card will help me keep or install any features or software I want.
    07-18-08 10:08 AM
    I have this same problem and I just installed a 4GB memory card. I have 3.7GB free space. Can the memory card not be a back-up once the internal memory is running out? Is there a way to do this? I've deleted all the applications I do not need or want. I thought purchasing a bigger memory card will help me keep or install any features or software I want.
    No it cannot!! The microSD card is called a media card... and is used for media!! (movies, pictures, music, documents, etc).

The microSD cannot "expand" device memory, store applications, SMS, MMS, email, etc!!

I would advise following these links to clear things up and help out!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    Lecture 6: How to Install a Media Card into your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Stoner's Guide even explains the settings to change once you are using a microSD. And the other shows how to get it installed and working!!
    07-18-08 10:11 AM
    You can't install applications to the memory card, it is only used for ringtones, music, pictures and (ahem) video. Applications and messages are stored on the internal memory so you need to be prudent with what you have and or keep on your pearl.

Others already have links posted to the threads on cleaning/clearing memory on your pearl and I strongly suggest you follow that list. Secondly you can suffer from what is known as memory leak if you don't close out of applications properly (menu button, close) instead of just hitting the return or stop buttons.

Hope this helps!
    07-18-08 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD