Doc Holiday is the one that started the thread with the pearl. mislam01 is the one with the 8700. Either way, something doesnt sound quite right about all of it.
    06-05-08 08:46 PM
    Let's just say it was a lost or stolen device... Wouldn't the PIN come into play here?
    Can't get the PIN if the phone is locked up. All I have to say is thank RIM that after the 10th attempt all information is wiped from the phone.

Think of all the folks using some sort of wallet with credit card, banking, and medical information stored on their phone.

I think the best advice in this case is to always refer them back to the "friend" who gave/sold them the device. Just my $0.02 worth.
    06-05-08 09:16 PM
    ...All I have to say is thank RIM that after the 10th attempt all information is wiped from the phone.

Think of all the folks using some sort of wallet with credit card, banking, and medical information stored on their phone...
    I always encourage people to lock their phones, for the reasons you state and also because your friends' and family's contact information is there in your address book and call logs. You can always get a new phone. You don't want some thief or worse having your daughter's phone number and address...
    06-05-08 09:29 PM
    Can you say "Stolen Blackberry"?

If you are legit, you'd have been able to get the password from your "friend". Get real. It will be useless to you as the carrier will have had it reported stolen.

Enjoy the grey bar motel.
    06-05-08 09:46 PM
    The way around it is to get it from your "friend". A stolen berry is worthless to you as it cannot be activated.
    06-06-08 01:53 AM
    r u still there guys?i need help!!!
    01-03-10 06:19 AM
    is there anyone here?please?
    01-03-10 06:20 AM
    is there anyone here?please?
    Could you be a little more specific please?
    01-03-10 07:38 PM
    i need to know if if i keep entering the wrong password if it will reset the phone or just lock the phone up completly cause i read 2 different things help!
    01-22-10 01:08 AM
    If you exceed your password attempts limit (defaults to 10), you will be prompted one last time to type the word BlackBerry. The device will then wipe. It will be reset to the factory out-of-the-box condition, and the password reset. You will lose everything in the device memory, with no possibility of recovery. It will not reformat the microSD card, since that's not part of the factory configuration. The phone will still be usable, and the operating system will be unchanged. If the phone was previously unlocked, it will still be unlocked.
    01-22-10 05:31 AM
    Ok so I have a problem maybe yall can help. I have a BB pearl through verizon/alltel and my charger port has come un saudered from th board and can not be charged. So I looked into trying to fix it but will costs $40 min, or my other choice is. My step dad works off shore on oil spill and his friend has a locked bb pearl, so he gave it to my step father. Now he said I can have it and try to get it fixed but I have no clue as to how and go abouts doing so. Anyways do you think it would be worth it trying to fix my bb pearl, or try and get my dads phone unlocked and us it. I appreciate and and all help. Thanks.
    06-28-10 11:39 AM
    Ok so I have a problem maybe yall can help. I have a BB pearl through verizon/alltel and my charger port has come un saudered from th board and can not be charged. So I looked into trying to fix it but will costs $40 min, or my other choice is. My step dad works off shore on oil spill and his friend has a locked bb pearl, so he gave it to my step father. Now he said I can have it and try to get it fixed but I have no clue as to how and go abouts doing so. Anyways do you think it would be worth it trying to fix my bb pearl, or try and get my dads phone unlocked and us it. I appreciate and and all help. Thanks.
    What carrier does your dad have? Is it Verizon?

From what carrier is the phone your dad's friend gave him?

If your dad has Verizon, he needs to use a Verizon branded phone. CDMA phones do not take SIM cards, so they cannot be unlocked. If the phone is from Sprint, it cannot be used on Verizon. CDMA carriers use a database of ESN, and they will not allow phones that are from another carrier to be used on their network.

GSM phones take SIM cards, but they do not work on CDMA carriers' networks. So if the phone your dad's friend gave him is from AT&T or T-Mobile, it will not work on Verizon.
    06-28-10 11:54 AM
    hey guys,

Im trying to unlock my friends BB 9300. i've got the code from bbunlock site, but when i type in the mped2 code it only gave one attempt instead of 10.. How do i reset it back to 10??
    05-04-12 09:07 PM
    hey guys,

Im trying to unlock my friends BB 9300. i've got the code from bbunlock site, but when i type in the mped2 code it only gave one attempt instead of 10.. How do i reset it back to 10??
    You only get a total of 10 attempts, and that cat's already seen 9 lives.
    05-04-12 10:28 PM
    Would this method cover all BB's? I have a 9700 I cant get in.
    05-25-12 03:24 PM
    I'm not sure what method you are referencing, but the answer I gave on 1/22/2010 does applie to your 9700.
    05-25-12 03:29 PM
    All BlackBerries unlock the same. What's the issue?
    05-25-12 09:58 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD