Well here it goes, My friend gave me her old BB Pearl 8100 and when I tried to turn it on, it needed a password. I tried to reformat the damn thing but I still need a pass... I was wondering if there was a way around it like a master-password or a way to reformat it myself. I was also wondering what would happen if I run out of tries on the password attempts. I read on another thread that it would be wiped clean, is that what I want to happen?
    05-21-08 01:06 PM
    Were you planning on wiping it clean once you started using the phone if so let it wipe it clean. DO you have SIM to use with it if so you will be in business. Just reinstall the software if needed and get to texting and talking. Welcome to CB and BB.
    05-21-08 01:11 PM
    well, I don't have a SIM so I was planning on getting one when I got service but yeah, I wanted to wipe it clean anyway. So if I just run out of password attempts it will reformat itself?
    05-21-08 01:32 PM
    When you run out of password attempts, you'll be prompted one last time to enter the word blackberry. The phone will then wipe itself back to the factory out-of-the-box condition, including removing the password.
    05-21-08 04:03 PM
    Ah,I see. the clerks at a T Mobile store told me that the phone will lock up completely and then you have to get the "head honchoes" (for lack of a better term) to unlock it for you. Well what happens if I don't enter "blackberry" one last time?
    05-21-08 06:20 PM
    The phone just sits there until you do. There's nothing else you can do and no way to recover.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 06:35 PM
    alright then so I'm just gonna run out of password attempts and let it reformat itself. That's a good thing right? Well thanks you guys for your help I'll respond if more trouble comes up.
    05-21-08 07:11 PM
    I tried the process.
    It asked for the word "blackberry" at a certain point.
    I entered.
    Then it asked for the password again.
    I entered another wrong password.
    It said something "Last attempt" wipe out.
    I entered another wrong password in 10/10 th attempt.
    The hour glass is just moving for more than 15 minutes.
    Is it doing anything or I ended up with something making the device unusable?
    05-26-08 11:16 PM
    Why didn't you just get the password from your friend?

05-26-08 11:29 PM
    This is an old one (probably 8700 sereise) rejected by a customer of my friend's store. He was about to throw this out but I told him that I might wipe it out as I read this types of thread before. Now I cannot even see what model it is.
    05-26-08 11:47 PM
    I'm posting via wapforums and thus can't see the time of your post. Did it finish successfully?

05-27-08 12:05 AM
    Why didn't you just get the password from your friend?

Something about this just doesn't sound right. I'm betting found or stolen.

This is an old one (probably 8700 sereise) rejected by a customer of my friend's store. He was about to throw this out but I told him that I might wipe it out as I read this types of thread before. Now I cannot even see what model it is.
    Why didn't you have your friend contact their customer for the password?
    05-27-08 12:41 AM
    Hey guys? I reformatted the phone and I got everything the way I wanted it, but it ran out of battery power and so I got a charger, but now it won't turn on... I am charging it right now but there is no light, and it is still not turning on. Any ideas on what's going on?
    06-04-08 04:49 PM
    The charging port may be damaged....hence why the customer rejected it. How long have you had it plugged in?
    06-04-08 05:06 PM
    oh, I not that dude, I'm the one who started this thread. But I have had it plugged in for about 4 hours now. and still nothing. and I just bought the charger.
    HelloKaiya likes this.
    06-04-08 07:58 PM
    Unplug it and pull the battery. Leave it out about a minute or so, then put it back. Don't plug in the charger. It should be fully charged by now. Let us know what happens.
    06-04-08 08:05 PM
    yeah, no good. I have tried twice now, I extended the time I had it out on the second try...
    06-05-08 02:34 PM
    Borrow a known good battery from another user or get one from a store. If it powers up your bb, buy it, you're good. If it won't work, I think you're at the end of the road with this device. Maybe somebody else has another idea.

06-05-08 02:47 PM
    If the battery died while the wipe was going through, you may need to have a look at BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com cause it's basically toasted.
    06-05-08 02:52 PM
    I got it!! okay well i guess the charger was faulty, go figure right? It's working now. Thanks for the feedback guys peace, I'll repost if I need anymore help.
    06-05-08 04:56 PM
    Well, If you bought this blackberry from a friend why didn't you just ask her for the password? Simple as that. I agree with ERDUDE sounds to me as though this phone was lost or stolen.
    06-05-08 05:12 PM
    Well, If you bought this blackberry from a friend why didn't you just ask her for the password? Simple as that. I agree with ERDUDE sounds to me as though this phone was lost or stolen.
    Yeah, I still say there's something fishy here. First they say the received the Pearl and now it's an 8700. Something just ain't right and two new members responding to what has been suggested.
    06-05-08 06:08 PM
    Yeah, I still say there's something fishy here. First they say the received the Pearl and now it's an 8700. Something just ain't right and two new members responding to what has been suggested.
    Let's just say it was a lost or stolen device... Wouldn't the PIN come into play here?
    06-05-08 06:44 PM
    I thought I was the only one that noticed that
    06-05-08 07:58 PM
    Woah dudes, you're mistaking me for some other guy. My name is Doc Holiday, I am the one who got the phone from a friend, not bought. A BlackBerry Pearl 8100 and I have solved all the problems before.
    06-05-08 08:42 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD