Just upgraded my GF's 8100 to the .161 OS. No problems except when she gets a text, email, or BBM, the LED stays on and won't go off. Any suggestions?
    07-03-09 03:37 PM
    Do a battery pull and if that does not fix it, you may need to downgrade the OS which would be a pity.

I am on .153 and it works great.
    07-04-09 02:27 AM
    Is it resetting when you read the message? Do you have Color/Pearl or any notification app installed?
    07-04-09 09:26 AM
    Is it resetting when you read the message? Do you have Color/Pearl or any notification app installed?
    No it doesn't reset when I read the message. It only goes off after a battery pull. Then as soon as she gets a message again it stays on.

Color Pearl is installed on her phone. I'll try to delete that and see if it works. Is there another free app that I can install on her phone that changes the color of the trackball?
    07-04-09 02:25 PM
    Color/Pearl is the problem. Here's my guide, has what you need to replace it, and you should be able to free up quite a bit of memory too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/
    07-04-09 03:16 PM
    Color Pearl does not work with any OS 4.5 version. You need to remove it, pronto.

Instead, use BlingBall (free), available from here BlingBall download for Blackberry - Softpedia
    07-05-09 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD