Thread title explains what's happening on my pearl. I've tried several renoots, deleted an app, turned the radio off and on, and re-registered. Nothing helped.

Does anyone know how to make it stop??

TIA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 08:57 AM
    device wipe make sure you backup first
    11-22-08 05:18 PM
    Yup, thanks. That's what I ended up doing. Pain in the arse, but at least it worked.

11-22-08 07:24 PM
    glad that worked. My next tip was to convince your device that time does not exist thereby rendering the hourglass obsolete.
    11-23-08 01:47 AM
    crap... the hourglass is back after one week. i tried to stop the arrow of time by sitting in lotus position and staring at the blinking hourglass until it vanished like so many pixels in the ether. no luck, still blinking. crap.

i'm wiping my phone again... is there anything else i should try???

did i mention... crap?
    12-01-08 09:17 AM
    I am all of the sudden having this same problem on my Curve...I had installed some themes and thought that they may be the culprit but I'm starting to think there is something else wrong after switching back to my standard L theme.
    12-01-08 04:22 PM
    i wiped everything again, and installed the VZW approved version of 4.5 (.77, i think). i also deleted Facebook mobile app.

so far, so good... although memory management is much better in 4.5.89

i'll report back if the blinking hourglass of insanity returns.
    12-02-08 07:59 AM
    I am having the same hourglass blinking problem on my Sprint Curve as well. Besides a device wipe (how exactly do i do that, still kinda noob), is there anything else anyone can suggest? Did a soft restart, battery pull, and it's still going. I'm alternating between very upset and very worried. I'd really appreciate if someone can help.
    12-09-08 12:11 PM
    Well, it finally stopped. It might have been trying to get a FaceBook message cuz when I checked back after my previous post, it got one, though it kept blinking. Also, I remembered I had downloaded an update of the Empower Email Viewer, and I redownloaded it and rebooted. Right now it's stopped doing the hourglass thing. I will keep you posted just in case.
    12-09-08 12:41 PM
    i had this in the same phone as well the 8130 verizon. It eventually just went awaay
    i had it randomly for a month, then finally went away haha so good luck for me i guess.
    12-09-08 12:56 PM
    Mine is showing a blinking hourglass too! How do I back everything up and wipe it clean?
    04-01-09 11:14 PM
    I had the same problem. It was Facebook. I ended up fixing it by removing Facebook, restarted the phone, received many Facebook email notifications after that, then installed Facebook again......no more hourglass since. It seems that a lot of us are having the hourglass hang sometimes with Facebook. It must be trying to push email notifications to our Blackberrys and just hanging sometimes causing the constant hourglass and battery drain.

04-02-09 07:04 AM
    Mine is showing a blinking hourglass too! How do I back everything up and wipe it clean?
    If you have Facebook, try removing it, restart your phone then reinstall Facebook again.

04-02-09 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD