Hello,

I am trying to fix a Blackberry 8220 Pearl Flip, as it is Nuked apparently is the term.

There is no water damage, and no physical damage that explains this. I have dropped my phone one time ever on New Years this year at waist length, it broke the back plastic piece of the phone which was already half-way broken, and I then bought a new one from Crackberry.

After a month or two now every 4 or so weeks the phone would start turning itself off for no reason and then it started power cycling.

The other night during the snowstorm I went to a friends house slept on her couch with the phone in my pocket and woke up to a JVM 729 error.

I went home, called T-Mobile and was transferred to BB support in New York, then back to T-Mobile, then to the Loyalty department where they don't carry this phone anymore and could not get me a replacement. 4 hours on the phone with them.

They tried the Loader in Common Files as is widely known with and without the battery.

I've tried using the 101 lecture as shown (on this site, which I can't post)

The main problem is, I'm not starting from a JVM error now.

My phone will no longer turn on it's display after running so many tests with BB support and T-Mobile support. It went from being on and completely erased of backup data, to now not even turning on. However the red light comes on when plugged into the wall or pc.

Aside from the JVM issue during one of the steps when I am trying to get USB: PIN UNKNOWN it NEVER has come up. I don't ever even see COM 1 as an option initially. It's blank and every time I plug in my phone my laptop instantly recognizes the PIN there is not even a split second to catch it in it's turning on phase.

So I could not catch it and have the loader work nicely.

I then tried:

Recover Dead Blackberry Thread on this site

However even running a direct command through my laptop does not make the Loader any more effective.

It simply comes up with the same error messages "failed to complete during a multi-load update" or whatever or "fatal error occurred jx00000etc."

Finally I tried to wipe it:

wipe-jl_cmdr thread

Which I tried about 20 times, however this program will not connect with the Blackberry because the Blackberry will not stay connected to the laptop I'm guessing, because the JVM "powercycling" error is still on the phone. ( Which makes no sense since "erasing applications" at the beginning of the loader process should have wiped everything first )

Therefore I never can get it to wipe because it won't connect.

I've tried multiple USB ports, downloaded what I thought was the USB Drivers for ENG or english for the Desktop Software as I seen in another thread and it still won't stay connected.

I just tried using a hair dryer to heat it up now to, and that won't work.

Makes no sense to me at all, phone was calling and texting fine a few days ago, now nothing. Nothing can wipe it, nothing can connect to it. Makes no sense.

I have my files backed up on Desktop Software 6.0 for Blackberry, which I find odd since this phone uses 4.6.0 software when installing. But as long as the backup is there I'm good.

Any other ideas or steps I'm missing or ways for a fix, I know this phone can work again, I would admit it and take blame if I broke it, but I didn't do it.
    02-05-11 12:03 AM
    Can you link whatever instructions said to do it with PIN unknown? Last I checked that was a good way to not get anywhere.

Couple suggestions at this point: try and find DM4.6 or .7 on BlackBerry's website; remove what you have and reboot the computer, then install DM4.x and reboot again. If you're using Vista or Win7 right-click on DM's shortcut, go to properties -> compatibility, check the box for "run as administrator". Do this also for anything the connects to your device (apploader, bbsak, etc. Finally, try the load with your PIN detected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 05:57 AM
    If you want to get a new Flip, Bestbuy.com sells unlocked refurbs for $120 and new ones for $160. And they will even ship them to a local BB store so you don't have to pay shipping.
    02-05-11 02:36 PM
    02-05-11 07:56 PM
    I'm in the same boat as the OP so very curious to see if there is a fix to this. Mine started with java error and is now asking to reload software (561) but not connecting to DM.

02-06-11 07:41 AM
    I'm in the same boat as the OP so very curious to see if there is a fix to this. Mine started with java error and is now asking to reload software (561) but not connecting to DM.

Found this thread last night, might have something in it that could help: Unbrick the Seemingly Completely Bricked BlackBerry

02-06-11 11:13 AM
    actually I just tried to reinstall the software on my flip through the DM and it worked! it is slow as molasses but the phone is back up. I am now more confused than ever because I have tried everything I could find on the net regarding this and nothing worked. now after over a year it decided to kick in.
    02-06-11 11:13 AM
    actually I just tried to reinstall the software on my flip through the DM and it worked! it is slow as molasses but the phone is back up. I am now more confused than ever because I have tried everything I could find on the net regarding this and nothing worked. now after over a year it decided to kick in.
    Outstanding

02-06-11 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD