I just got the 8220 pearl flip and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the email notification sound. It plays this rediculous song (default, I'm guessing) Does anyone know how you do this? Or change the instant messenger alert tone for that matter? I'm new to the blackberry and it's not as simple as I thought it would be (ie, just going into where you would change the actual ringtone...)

Thanks!
    02-28-09 03:31 PM
    there is an icon that looks like a speaker...click on it...click advanced. go to town.
    02-28-09 03:52 PM
    go to profiles >advanced
    02-28-09 03:54 PM
    profile > advanced and select the one that says active and there is, select the funtion and change the sound what ever you want... pay atention that have two funtionality inside or outside de holster...

Bye....
    02-28-09 04:02 PM
    delete your email account off your device? notification problem solved.
    02-28-09 04:06 PM
    There were some pretty good answers, but I will go into more detail.

First, identify which email address is making that notification sound.

Then go to profiles (the speaker icon) and scroll down to the bottom. Click ADVANCED. Now on the one that says (ACTIVE), press MENU>edit. Now scroll down to the email address listed that had a notification you wanted to change. Click the trackball. Now in the "Ring Tone:" field, click on the name of the current tone and then scroll down to choose a new tone. Pausing over a tone will play a preview.

To add a tone that is stored on your media card, scroll to the top and choose BROWSE. Choose a tone. Press MENU>save.

You should be set.

Remember to change the tone on all the profiles that you use, as the tone changed in one profile will not affect other profiles. For example, changing the tone in "Normal" will not affect how that email notifies you while in the "quiet" profile.
    03-01-09 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD