So I was in the middle of updating my OS to 4.5, following all the instructions just right, it got started and I walked away from my computer. Now here I am about 45 minutes later, came back to my computer and it is STILL stuck on what it was when I left. It is "Backing up 3rd party applications" and it says "Retrieving module 'net_rim_bb_facebook.cod'" and the status bars haven't budged.

Now is this normal? Am I just being impatient? My computer OBVIOUSLY isn't locked up because I'm posting this.

What should I do?
    11-03-08 09:55 PM
    You just have to wait it out. Interrupting the process will cause you to have an inoperative phone. It's been almost an hour since you posted. It should be finished by now. Is it?
    11-03-08 10:52 PM
    heh...guess I'm lucky then. I waited maybe another 30 minutes and after STILL no progress, I restarted my computer. I restarted the update and everything went fine. Nice and updated now. Now if I can only figure out why this mms isn't working...(the whole reason i wanted the update.)
    11-03-08 11:03 PM
    There have been many issues reported with Alltel MMS. Did you check any of those threads? If you haven't, do a forum search for "Alltel MMS" and you'll find them. That's the "Search Forums" in the menu bar above the first thread. Good luck, and welcome to the forums.
    11-03-08 11:09 PM
    thanks!!
    11-03-08 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD