I have noticed that during syncing that the DM is going back about 2 months and deleting past appointments from my BB AND Outlook which is unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot let this happen because i have to keep past appointments on my calendar for work!!!!! So, i have searched in the DM options, here in the forums and cannot figure out what setting is doing this! Not to mention that i have to figure out how to use an old backup and reload all of this to my bb then to back to my computer or i am in a lot of trouble! Then i'll have to re-update my BB! Whoa! I have alot of work to do on this little mishap! Actually, i'm a bit pissed! So, can anyone tell me what went wrong and how i can turn that setting off? Thanks! Any other suggestions on how to reload those things deleted into my outlook would be appreciated!
    08-29-07 10:32 AM
    go to calendar/options. under keep appointments: make sure it says forever. Mine was doing the same thing so I changed it to forever and it seems to be OK. Good luck.
    08-29-07 02:28 PM
    i don't have that listed anywhere under the options in calendar. Anyone else? Is it somewhere else? i'm going to my calendar, choosing the menu key, choosing options......
    08-29-07 03:34 PM
    Yes, then scroll down - Keep Appointments. I believe the default is 15 days...
    08-29-07 09:27 PM
    i do know what you are talking about yet it isn't there, i promise! There isn't an option like that anywhere under calendar.
    I just received another Pearl from Cingular's Warranty department because of my VM issue so this could be another problem also.
    So if i don't have that option on the current phone, tell me how to do this (if it can be done). So, i'm going to switch BB's over...... But, i have to get my past calendar info back into Outlook first because I NEED IT FOR WORK!!!!!!!!!! We keep up with how many times we have appointments with each client per year, so loosing that is not good. So, i do have some backups from last month that i could use to get that info back in Outlook BUT.....then i don't have CURRENT info in my calendar either so IS there a way i can use one backup from a month ago and then use another backup from today and only allow certain appointments to go on the calendar, etc? I guess what i am saying is that - is there a way during the sync to view details and only allow this or that to download? For example..if my sync details says that it will delete a particular appointment in Outlook calendar and then tell me that it will add an appt to BB, can i choose for the BB to update, yet not allow another to be deleted the on in Outlook? If this can be done, please tell me how!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise, i am going to have to use the month ago backup and re-enter appt's manually for a month or two back! UGH!!
    09-06-07 11:13 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue here with my pearl. I called into t-mobile to get some support for it and they said sometimes there are items that just disappear from the menus. I then looked up to make sure that everything was upto date and it wasn't. So I ran through the last T-mobile approved desktop and device software. They still didn't know what to do and I'm mailing in the phone to order a new one. Please help! I need my calendar too.
    09-21-07 10:39 AM
    I've found another instance of the same issue but no resolution
    blackberryforums[dotcom]/general-8100-series-discussion/68807-cant-find-keep-appointments-option[dothtml]
    09-21-07 11:16 AM
    aah ha
    blackberry[dot]com/btsc/articles/413/KB14214_f.SAL_Public.html
    09-21-07 12:38 PM
    I've been having the same problem! But My setting says "forever" appointments are still disappearing.

Anyone know why or how to fix it?
    05-05-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD