OK, so i was just on there, downloading the free trial of IM+ for my BB pearl 8130. It just finished downloading the program, and my BB flashed off, and the red led came on, then the screen came on with a spinning hour glass, and it just keeps spinning, then goes black, and the red led comes back on again, and repeat..........for ever. I've popped out the battery, and when i put it back in, it just keeps doing the same thing, doesn't even give me a chance to turn it on, it just resumes where it left off. What the heck is going on here?
    04-05-08 07:54 PM
    Just read a thread on the 8100 forum about un-nuked berry. It may help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-08 08:48 PM
    I have a 8830we and I had this problem as well. I had to remove my memory card and format it on my pc. Something about a write failure which can also happen to the bb internal memory as well. I hope this was helpful.
    04-05-08 08:51 PM
    ok, thank you, i will try this. I just hope it works.
    04-05-08 09:08 PM
    it happend to me i have a pearl i just whent to the store i bought it and told them that i tried everything and they are just replacing it
    cuz its still under warrenty
    04-06-08 12:36 AM
    Wow sounds like a lot of people have had their BBs messed up when installing IM+ lately.
    04-06-08 01:25 AM
    it happend to me i have a pearl i just whent to the store i bought it and told them that i tried everything and they are just replacing it
    cuz its still under warrenty

hehe, I would do so, too

Even if I just had had to do something complicated that I read on the forum, I'd take it back. You get a new BB and another fresh year of warranty
    04-06-08 02:11 AM
    Well, good news is, everythign is back to normal, the reinstall worked. It just sucks going through something like that so soon, only 2 weeks, BUT YES, i've read on a few other forums with this happening all around or near the use of the IM+ program, something buggy there or something, I don't know, but i'm not going anywhere near that again.
    04-06-08 11:19 AM
    i did the same thing and i cant fix it!
    please help!
    04-06-08 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD