I got a blackberry pearl 8130 almost a month ago and was able to set up my hotmail account which is free but through the windows live mail fine. I was receiving emails on my pearl until this afternoon and have no luck receiving them now. They are all going to my windows live account on my computer.
    Why is this and how can I change it?
    Thanks
    08-08-08 09:49 PM
    There is an issue lately with receiving hotmail messages on your BB. I found an article on the BB website that sounds like it addresses your problem specifically. Just go to BlackBerry, click on support and search for hotmail. You should find your answer in the second result.
    08-10-08 04:48 PM
    Hotmail is tempermental... I do not use it (Thank God), but I have heard a number of complaints on CB about Hotmail!
    08-10-08 04:55 PM
    I hope you can atleast find comfort in knowing that you are not alone. Mine has been acting up too
    08-11-08 07:23 AM
    Thanks for that link...it appears that my problem was that recently I have been leaving my laptop on during the day and hence my WLM stays on as well..

According to the blackberry website if you are running WLM on a computer the email notifications go only to WLM and do not get pushed to your BB.

Two solutions:

1) sign out of WLM on PC when not in use;
    2) use WLM for Blackberry, it will not effect new email notifications
    08-11-08 07:26 AM
    that is weird, i never had this problem before stayin logged in to wlm. im usually logged into it at home and at work, and have never had a problem until these last couple days. I guess i will just wait and see what comes of it im sure it will get fixed eventually.
    08-11-08 12:32 PM
    did closing WLM solve your problem?
    08-11-08 12:40 PM
    I'm having problems with my hotmail also. I woke up this morning and I had 22 new emails overnight. I get lots of spam there but not usually that much over night. Now I have 9 new unread emails on my account that hasn't been pushed to my blackberry.
    08-12-08 11:54 AM
    I'm also running jivetalk which I'm not sure if it makes a difference.
    08-12-08 11:57 AM
    hotmail doesnt really work
    08-18-08 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD