i went to blackberry.com to download v4.5, when i clicked update, my application loader came up and said i have the up to date application and it's only 4.2. does anyone have any advice or tips to what i'm doing wrong i have t-mobile service
    09-21-09 07:48 AM
    It looks like you are doing an upgrade by selecting "update software" option from BDM(Desktop Manager). Do these steps....
    1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager if it is open.
    2. Download the BlackBerry Device Software. (skip this step as you have already downloaded it seems)
    3. Double-click the BlackBerry Device Software setup program file on your computer.
    4. Complete the instructions on the screen.
    5. Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
    6. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    7. Click Update Now.
    8. Complete the instructions on the screen
    If it doesn't work for you then follow these steps...

1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager if it is open.
    2. Launch App. Loader ( you can find Loader.exe from the installation folder)
    3. Connect your phone to PC and click on next from App. loader wizard.
    4. It will show all the available application from your phone, click Add and select the s/w version that you downloaded and click next.
    5. Complete the instructions on the screen

Hope it works for you this time. just let me know how it goes..
    09-21-09 09:31 AM
    no i don't have it downloaded to computer i was going about it all wrong lol, do you know a link i can get v4.5 to the pc having tmobile, i went to tmobile forum found a v4.5 multi language for french. does that matter or do i need a usa one?
    09-21-09 03:46 PM
    09-22-09 03:30 AM
    09-22-09 04:25 AM
    Your new, and have an 8100, try following this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/
    09-22-09 05:37 AM
    got it working now it shuts off when i go to my pictures
    09-22-09 05:46 PM
    Ok, that's slightly different than what was post on my guide. Shuts off is strange, freezing is normally the problem. If you don't have one, get a card reader. Take the SD out and read it from the PC, to try and save your media. Then once you removed all the media, you can reformat on the PC. If it's a SD card, it's formatted to FAT. If it's a SDHC, you need FAT32. You can do that by right clicking on it.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD