I had updated the software on my own pearl not a problem, then installed the new bbm not a problem. My husband tested it out and wanted it on his phone. I reminded him that it may not work (just covering my bases) and when i was installing the newer software on his phone (going from 4.5.0.77 to 4.5.0.138) it took like 2 hrs!!! Then, it said after waiting for 2 hrs that it wasnt able to connect and I have a little icon on the phone on a white screen and the numbers 507 underneath it. I have tried so many more times to install the new software, i have deleted the versions that I have on my comp and tried to reinstall it. still no luck, it gets through the first bit and then it tells me i need a password. Where do I find this password? Did i really mess up his phone????
    07-25-09 10:59 AM
    View Document

take a read
    07-25-09 11:14 AM
    try and reload the os again
    07-25-09 11:15 AM
    TYVM!!!! i am going to reinstall the software and see what happens! Hopefully it works!
    07-25-09 11:43 AM
    If that doesn't work you may need this.
    07-25-09 11:48 AM
    07-25-09 11:49 AM
    lol i wont re-post that link

i just did the same to mine and although it looks really scary at the time tbh i managed it fairly easily just follow the instructions to the letter and it'll all be ok

if you find you cant put the latest os on your pearl then i'd advise going to your network provider's rim download page and use their latest version

good luck

ian
    07-25-09 12:49 PM
    here's the link to the network's rim software

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    07-25-09 12:52 PM
    This same thing happened to me and the lovely lady at sprint told me my phone was fried BUT I just reinstalled and when it asked for a password i just clicked ok or enter to continue on without a password and everything worked fine.

My phone is now up and running as if this incident never happened.
    Hope it works for you too
    07-25-09 10:11 PM
    The same thing happened to me, and I tried alllll the different methods in the 2532532 nuked berries threads/tutorials. I had been on a computer running Windows 7 at the time and decided to try again on a Windows XP computer. Worked without any glitches on the first try!

I'm not saying that that's necessarily the problem, but if you're not on a stable windows OS, might as well try another computer and see if you have better luck.
    07-26-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD