Hi there-
    I am a newbie here and had my pearl 8130 for a couple of months. My battery simply stinks- barely lasts a day. I always make sure to shut down applications and not leave any programs running. I do have Facebook on my pearl, along with slacker, iheart radio and google maps. I have researched the other posts and noticed other folks having problems with the phone looking for a signal. I work in a major office building which is known for poor cell phone reception. Could that have something to do with my battery loss? I am thinking of going to Verizon for a new battery.
    03-23-09 05:37 PM
    Not sure if it would be that much but if it is constantly looking for a signal that's going to be a majority reason why the batter is low. If it is searching for a signal the phone is constantly in a "on" sort of mode trying to find that signal.

While you never notice this a phone "wakes up" every 20 seconds or so to see if it's connected to the network or not. It's an internal thing that most people don't notice at all. This is meant to save battery life but if there is no signal to stay on it will constantly stay on looking for it till it can get it and hold it.

Hope that made sense.
    03-23-09 05:51 PM
    You should search the treads and try all the suggested fixes for battery issues before you return to Verizon. Im sure its one of your apps.
    03-23-09 05:59 PM
    Hi there-
    I am a newbie here and had my pearl 8130 for a couple of months. My battery simply stinks- barely lasts a day. I always make sure to shut down applications and not leave any programs running. I do have Facebook on my pearl, along with slacker, iheart radio and google maps. I have researched the other posts and noticed other folks having problems with the phone looking for a signal. I work in a major office building which is known for poor cell phone reception. Could that have something to do with my battery loss? I am thinking of going to Verizon for a new battery.
    It could be an app or the signal strength issue as well.
    03-23-09 06:18 PM
    I guess I am on the right track here.... so I should leave the phone off while in the office??? (((that sucks-- that's why I got a BB in the first place :-( )))
    Thanks!
    03-23-09 06:33 PM
    Well if you have absolutely no service in the building that's an option.

If you need a phone as required by work you may wanna see if your work can install repeaters they may be willing to do that. I have seen many companies that have done that.
    03-23-09 07:01 PM
    you could bring your charger to work. that's what i do

(or buy a charger for work!)
    03-23-09 09:37 PM
    That's exactly what I do
    03-24-09 10:15 AM
    I bring my charger to work and also just bought a car charger. Kept the phone off most of today while @ the office and battery did better. Unfortunately my employer (local gov't) is not at all interested in my BB. It's my personal phone. They issue us "standard" cell phones for mostly safety purposes. BTW--- I LOVE this website!!! Almost as addictive as the BB! :-)
    03-24-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD