I have 4.5 without a data plan. I have a blackberry 8100 and the make is vodafone. However i have put my at&t sim card in it and it works fine. So i have just downloaded the newest version 4.5 and i have been trying to add blingball.I have to use blackberry desktop manager and when i browse for the blingball.alx file and press ok it says "no additonal applications for your design were found" can someone tell me whats up with this? asap? thanks guys.

Am i doing something wrong in general? or will this app not work for my phone? I am a newbie with getting apps and updating software so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also 2 other quick questions.

1. What apps are good to have without a data plan?
    2. will apps like google maps charge me money when i use them on the blackberry?
    11-05-08 08:44 PM
    in DM go to app loader add/remove apps and open the folder containing the .axl and click on it to start install.

1 Depends on what you like
    2 no but you need a data plan for it to work
    11-05-08 08:55 PM
    Yeah i had done that and when i did that it said "no additonal applications for your design were found"
    11-05-08 08:58 PM
    are you sure you have the right version for your device 8100?
    11-05-08 08:59 PM
    if your talking about DM i have 4.6 but if you are talking about blingball i am using this one from the thread " blingball for 8100 4.5 amazing! however this is a JAD file
    11-05-08 09:04 PM
    Ahhh. .jad files are OTA (over the air down loads) as in go to it on your BB browser. As in need a data plan.
    But try this, using windows explorer copy/paste it to your memory card. Then on the phone go to media>menu>explore and open it.
    11-05-08 09:12 PM
    how do i copy and paste it to my memory card mate?
    11-05-08 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD