I went for a walk and had the phone in my back pocket as I always do. When I got home I checked messages and screen was black. I thought the phone maybe accidentally cut off, so I held down the "end" key to turn back on...nothing. I pulled the battery and it came back on as normal, but the keyboard was useless. I tried to do the unlock combination, but nothing again. Now the scroll wheel works directionally, but does not respond to pushes and the keyboard still does not work. I just noticed the camera now cuts on for no reason, but I can't do anything with it other than zoom in and out until the screen closes out. The only thing I have done lately is upload all of my pics on the memory card to my computer and delete them off of my phone. I am running OS 4.3 and have not tampered with that whatsoever. Calls do come through and the screen lights up per normal, but I cannot answer them. I get texts and emails as normal, but cannot get to them as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Luckily I am not addicted to this thing, but it would be nice not to have to go to the Sprint store and deal with those idiots.

thanks in advance guys!

Alan
    01-30-09 02:55 PM
    How long did �ou pull the battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 03:47 PM
    Remove your battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace, see if it works...
    01-30-09 03:48 PM
    Fixed it guys...very much appreciated on the couple of responses. I had to reinstall the OS. I really thought the hardware in my phone was gone, but that fixed it! Although I am now a little leery of the phone...I have no idea what that was all about.

thanks again!
    Alan

By the way, I pulled the battery while the phone was on (had no choice, could not turn it off) and left it out for 3-4 minutes to make sure everything reset.
    01-30-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD