I have 8120 pearl and its camera flash light has switched itself on. I have done everything to turn it off but the flash light doesn't turn off. I have version 4.5.0.55. I have checked the off options in both camera and video options. Also tried taking out the battery. Tried wiping the device and reinstalling the software but nothing works.

Flash in the back just wouldn't turn off. It drains the battery not to mention the annoying light during night. Can someone help please?
    02-28-09 05:52 PM
    Check your device for liquid or physical damage. Do the indicators on the battery and the device show red/pink?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 05:54 PM
    No there is no damage at all. There are no indicators a all either. This device was working fine until i wiped it clean and reinstalled the new software version. Now the flash light wouldn't turn off.
    02-28-09 06:09 PM
    Have you downgraded to a different software version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 06:10 PM
    I have tried that too. Thing is when i take out the battery it turns off and when i even touch or insert the battery then the light comes on. The software doesnt even kick in at that point.
    02-28-09 06:13 PM
    Then what your describing is definitely a hardware issue not a software issue. Are you able to make a warranty exchange?
    03-01-09 02:50 AM
    Well no as it is out of warranty period.
    03-02-09 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD