Hey all my 8120 is running slow. I have about 13 mb free. It appears that it is randomly connecting to the network even with nothing running. The arrows keep going in t corner. But the reason its annoying is that when I'm typinh I outrun the BB and it stops registering hits I til it catches back up, leading to misspelled words and such. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 11:24 AM
    Not sure why all of that is happening but, have you done a battery pull? If so, is it still acting up?
    09-25-08 11:25 AM
    09-25-08 11:33 AM
    I suspect that you may not be closing apps correctly.

When you exit an app manke sure that you do so by using the Menu key and then selecting Exit or Quit. This terminates the app and frees up both memory and CPU.

If the battery pull fixes the problem, then this was almost certainly the cause.

If not, then come back her and ask again.
    09-25-08 11:33 AM
    Yeah ive pulled the battery. And ice been closing it right. The only things in the alt menu are browser call log bbmessenger and homescreen.

09-25-08 11:42 AM
    Also I wanna add that its making my battery drain abnormally fast. Its been off charger since 745 am and is 1145 am and I have 35% left. I didn't even use it from 745 to 1030

09-25-08 11:46 AM
    how is your signal strength? If it is low, your bb is spending its resources trying to connect.

09-25-08 11:48 AM
    I have about 3-4 bars. This problem was nonexistent before I got rid of voice dialing and bes. Using maxmem. And antially was fine for days after it started acting up when I let my battery get to 5% two days ago by accident.

09-25-08 11:53 AM
    What carrier are you using? I've been seeing a similar problem with my Sprint 8703e this week.
    09-25-08 12:35 PM
    Ah, I see you're T-Mobile.

RIM pushed out new service books to my BB on Friday and my phone has had a hard time maintaining a lock on Sprint's signal ever since. Very similar symptoms to what you describe.
    09-25-08 12:37 PM
    Hmm so could it be that I need to resend my books? How would I go about that?

09-25-08 12:49 PM
    Had an update. Hbow its just showing the spinning hour glass every 7 seconds. Agg what is up with my BB? I haven't had it for even 2 weeks. Typing thipat is excruciating on here.

09-25-08 04:59 PM
    Hmm so could it be that I need to resend my books? How would I go about that?

You go into the Manage Internet email icon from your device or you can go in online with your carrier and click the resend service books. You'll get activation messages in all of your e-mail accounts.
    09-25-08 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD