As you may know from my other thread I have a problem with my trackball. Well while trying to fix it I mistakenly broke the 3 black connectors on the underside of the metal ring :O also the silver circle that the trackball makes contact with was removed by tape while I was changing the led color. (I know stupid) so I was wondering, should I add insurance to my plan n then take it to the store today? Or purchase a new trackball setup, and where can I get one of these? A store would be better than ordering as I need it today.

Thanks,
    Brandon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 07:38 AM
    I think if you wanna play the game you should pay the price. Just buy a new o ring and trackball.
    06-10-08 07:46 AM
    I know that this is my fault but i am wondering something. Since the silver sticker piece that was stuck to the motherboard underneath the trackball is no longer there, will just replacing the trackball work?
    06-10-08 07:56 AM
    That sounds bad. If it was in place on the motherboard and it has been removed you may have lifted some of the etching somehow.

If you did, you may have killed the trackball functionality of your pearl permanently.

But you never know till you try...

Good luck!

Dm
    06-10-08 09:16 AM
    since my phone is still under the 1 year warranty thru the manufacturer im just going to have it replaced. hope it works
    06-10-08 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD