Okay, I am new to the blackberry and still trying to figure somethings out. I have my Blackberry connected with the USB cable to the computer and I am trying to open the Media Manager and it wont let me. I keep getting the error "Media Manager is only supported using a USB connection. To run Media Manager, please connect your device to your computer using a USB cable." What should I do? Help please!
    04-16-08 10:22 PM
    Do you also have desktop manager installed? What OS on your computer do you use (XP or Vista)? Are you connecting the phone to a USB hub or straight to a USB port on the computer?
    04-16-08 10:25 PM
    When your Berry is connected via USB cable, can you sync, etc?
    04-16-08 10:25 PM
    Sunkast, yes DM is installed. I have XP and i am using a USB port on the computer.

ma077146, yes. I believe so. I have added programs to my pearl through the App Manager I just cant use the media manager.
    04-16-08 10:29 PM
    no, the opperating system is like (for example) you probably have 4.1.196 or something
    go to options > about, and view which OS you have there
    04-16-08 10:35 PM
    What version of Desktop Manager do you have installed? I've never gotten that error before. Are you using the USB cable that came with your BB?

Verify that Desktop Manager is set to USB. Go to Options > Detect, and select USB.
    04-16-08 10:45 PM
    Thank you sunkast! That worked. I set it to the USB and it worked!
    04-16-08 11:16 PM
    Verify that Desktop Manager is set to USB. Go to Options > Detect, and select USB.
    I was having similar problems but then i got media manager to work.. but im wondering if maybe my phone wasnt set to USB either?? only thing i went to Options> and there is not a Detect. Is it under something else?
    04-17-08 01:40 AM
    nvm i found it... sorry for asking stupid questions, thats what i get for doing it so late at night!
    04-17-08 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD