I have the blackberry 8130 smartphone...and I'm having issues with it already. Brand spankin new. It is suuuper slow. That little hourglass thing is driving me crazy! I have a hard time doing ANYTHING on it! I do have a memory card in there...which I'm pretty sure everything (pics, ring tones, etc.) is being saved to that. I deleted my browser cache, call logs, old messages, pictures...and it's still super slow. Please help me figure this out!
    06-15-09 06:52 PM
    Do you have a lot of apps running? Press and hold the alt and the back key at the same time to see what you have open. Also, go into Options > Status. What number do you have next to file free? Lastly, when it starts getting slow just do a battery pull with the device on. If you want to free up memory, take a look at this thread.
    06-15-09 06:54 PM
    Did you install a lot of apps? The Pearl can run notoriously slow if it doesn't have enough free memory. Go to Options > Status and check the File Free number. If this is below 12,000,000, that is your culprit. Check this thread for memory optimization tips: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-15-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD