The usb port on my 8100 is not working, and i dont kno why, i charged it yesterday morning and it was fine now all of a sudden its not connecting to my pc nor is it charging my battery. The battry is almost dead and i cant do anything about it, can anybody tell me wats the problem or a way to check to see wats wrong, and a possible solution.........
    04-22-09 08:43 AM
    Use a USB cord, use a wall charger, If neither one works then your usb port my be ruined

Also try different wall outlets
    04-22-09 08:48 AM
    i tried both and non of them works, so i guess its ruined..., so is there any way it can be repaired or replaced if possible
    04-22-09 08:55 AM
    Well maybe its not ruined, try a battery pull, then connect to a power source
    04-22-09 08:56 AM
    as in not to a usb cable, but a wall charger?
    04-22-09 08:58 AM
    You can try both, but do a pull first and allow it to reboot
    04-22-09 09:10 AM
    still ntn, but i found out the problem, one of the connectors in the port is not there, i dont kno how it come out or where it is, but i kno that its not gonna work again.......but question, can it be replaced?
    04-22-09 09:59 AM
    Sure can, there are videos online for support. Youtube
    04-22-09 12:57 PM
    if your phone is less than a year old it should have a manufacturers warranty, before you take it apart and void the warranty, I'd suggest checking on getting a replacement for free.
    04-22-09 01:07 PM
    still ntn, but i found out the problem, one of the connectors in the port is not there, i dont kno how it come out or where it is, but i kno that its not gonna work again.......but question, can it be replaced?
    port on the phone it self of the computer?
    04-22-09 01:15 PM
    austin - its more than a year and plus i had the housing replaced so i am out of the warranty zone

mjneid - its the port on the phone itself
    04-22-09 01:27 PM
    this same thing happened to my friends pearl, so i think its broke.. sorry
    04-22-09 02:02 PM
    austin - its more than a year and plus i had the housing replaced so i am out of the warranty zone

mjneid - its the port on the phone itself
    you can attempt to resolder the mini-USB port back onto the mother - board...

or buy a new phone

or buy a bluetooth dongle to sync the phone/computer and buy a stand alone battery charger cradle.....
    04-22-09 02:10 PM
    HEY mjneid, tust me i have already started to put that into play, i planning to buy a dongle by the end of the week, and just switch batteries between my brother and myself , for the time being till i get an additional battery and a stand alone charger, plus i am now also putting in place a saving plan to upgrade myself to a bold or a 8900....
    04-22-09 04:11 PM
    HEY mjneid, tust me i have already started to put that into play, i planning to buy a dongle by the end of the week, and just switch batteries between my brother and myself , for the time being till i get an additional battery and a stand alone charger, plus i am now also putting in place a saving plan to upgrade myself to a bold or a 8900....
    if i can give you 2 words and 4 numbers of advice....

" get the 8-9-0-0 " you wont be disappointed and with the wi-fi that the bold doesnt have you'll have 3x the speed of 3G (given you're in a wifi area)
    04-22-09 04:19 PM
    good idea

check here for a way to charge it
    bb chargin cradle

i personally love the bold, and I was under the impression it did have wifi. Not to mention it's a 3g bb so the internet is pretty fast. I in my personal experience in the cell phone business for the past 4 years have rarely found wifi useful on a phone. This is all imho though. I have no personal experience with the 8900 sooo...... make sure you research it

Anyway, good luck to you.
    04-22-09 09:28 PM
    woooo.

my usb is about to give up too.

though i just ordered me a 8120 :]

i love the pearls.
    the others are bulky
    04-23-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD