I don't get my gmail on bb...but I am getting it on pc.

I have sent myself service books and I have also deleted and re-added my gmail account.

Any other thoughts out there before I take it to verizon this weekend?

Thanks
    02-22-08 07:08 AM
    Did you also try:

Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now
    02-22-08 07:12 AM
    Hey GG! I did what you told me and will try sending myself something. Thank you.

I also noted under the Options>Advanced Options>Auto on/off was off?!!

I turned it on...what the heck is that for?
    It said it was disabled for weekend and weekday.

Could that have also been the issue?
    02-22-08 07:19 AM
    If Auto On/Off is On it will automatically turn your BB On/Off at the specified times on weekdays/weekends. If Disabled, your BB will always be On until you turn it off.
    02-22-08 07:25 AM
    If Auto On/Off is On it will automatically turn your BB On/Off at the specified times on weekdays/weekends. If Disabled, your BB will always be On until you turn it off.
    Does using this option to turn off a BlackBerry leave the alarm enabled so that it will go off at the specified time? I use mine to wake up each morning but would like to turn off the 'Berry itself at night if I can still have the alarm to wake me up!
    02-22-08 07:26 AM
    i would imagine you would have to set the berry to wake up before the alarm... but I could be wrong.

-db
    02-22-08 07:28 AM
    i would imagine you would have to set the berry to wake up before the alarm... but I could be wrong.
    I ask because other non-BlackBerry phones that I've had in the past will still set the alarm off while the phone is powered down. I figure if it's on enough to turn itself back on at a specified time it could also set off an alarm with it being off.
    02-22-08 07:30 AM
    Hey GG the email appears to be working!!!
    Yip yip YIPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will keep you posted! Big Thanks!
    02-22-08 07:32 AM
    test it out...

set it to turn off and set the alarm for fifteen minutes later...

-db
    02-22-08 07:35 AM
    test it out...

set it to turn off and set the alarm for fifteen minutes later...
    I was hoping for a quick answer from someone that knew off the top of their head to avoid doing this, haha.
    02-22-08 07:36 AM
    I ask because other non-BlackBerry phones that I've had in the past will still set the alarm off while the phone is powered down. I figure if it's on enough to turn itself back on at a specified time it could also set off an alarm with it being off.
    I'm actually not sure, I never use Auto On/Off. Give it a test as db suggests and let us know
    02-22-08 07:36 AM
    yeah...

the thought of it being off...shudders....is just to frightening...

why anyone would ever want to turn them off...well...

-db
    02-22-08 07:37 AM
    Hey GG the email appears to be working!!!
    Yip yip YIPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will keep you posted! Big Thanks!
    waaaaa hooooo!!! You're welcome. Hope all is good now.
    02-22-08 07:38 AM
    It looks like the auto on/off feature will still allow the alarm and calendar functions to work:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ano...uestion-13434/
    02-22-08 07:42 AM
    makes sense..

thanks for the research..

-db
    02-22-08 07:43 AM
    GG, i am sending via email from this CB site a theme and a ringtone...and never seem to receive it on BB gmail. I am wondering if there is some glitch and then this shuts down my email.....I have been trying to send myself a theme for the bb for 3 days now...never receiving it
    02-22-08 07:57 AM
    ok sorry I got the theme this time and ringtone...seems like you fixed whatever email issue there was! Thank you. I was just delayed by 10 mins in receiving it.

Now next question....once you receive the ringtone in gmail....then how do you set it up for your ringtone in bb?
    02-22-08 08:01 AM
    click on the link in the email and it will ask you to open or save...

you can save it and then go into media and set it as a ringtone for whichever profile or contact you want...

-db
    02-22-08 08:05 AM
    Thank you daddy!
    02-22-08 08:09 AM
    yup yup...

-db
    02-22-08 08:15 AM
    Is anyone experiencing delays or connection problems? I'm in the Philadelphia area and have had problems since last night around 1am...... Well, I'm sorry I should say the service has been INCONSISTENT.....
    Last edited by ShannonEmerging; 02-22-08 at 08:29 AM.
    02-22-08 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD