Hi, just inherited this wonderful piece of technology and am hooked already. Its a 8100, so quite old by modern day standards but i think its great. Its been unlocked from the previous 'orange' network, so can anyone tell me if i can remove the orange opening screen/software, etc., as i now have 02 as the provider. Thanks in anticipation of your efforts.............
    03-23-09 08:23 AM
    you can do this, but i will tell you. You run a huge risk of "nuke'n" the phone. I'd live with the different screen and use the phone, rather than changing the screen and not having a phone to use.
    03-23-09 08:55 AM
    I'd say don't change it. Who cares. You only see it when you reboot the phone. Unless you're talking about the orange background of your active screen background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 08:59 AM
    K.I.S.S. And you know the meaning of this, keep it simple, silly. At least that is the least offensive definition.

Why take a chance with your device for a different graphic?

03-23-09 09:07 AM
    Leave it be.

I know it is annoying, but atleast your phone still works. It could look less annoying and not work at all!

03-23-09 09:10 AM
    Not worth it... the risk far out weights the reward on this!!!
    03-23-09 09:12 AM
    No, I would not do it as well. And, welcome to CB.
    03-23-09 10:33 AM
    dont mess with it if it works dont fix it.
    03-23-09 11:56 AM
    Hi, just inherited this wonderful piece of technology and am hooked already. Its a 8100, so quite old by modern day standards but i think its great. Its been unlocked from the previous 'orange' network, so can anyone tell me if i can remove the orange opening screen/software, etc., as i now have 02 as the provider. Thanks in anticipation of your efforts.............
    Cheers ladies/guys!! A resounding "dont do it" is good enough for me. Go well and thx for your time.........
    03-24-09 06:31 AM
    Welcome to crackberry! Check out the 101 lecture series if you haven't already.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series
    03-24-09 06:34 AM
    Yes, welcome to the Crack, and a big thumbs up for asking before you took the bad dive! Here there be sharks!

03-24-09 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD