Hi All,

Hoping there is an easy fix for this!

For some strange reason when i make or receive a call - people can hear me just fine but i can't hear them.

Probably worth pointing out that it works fine in speakerphone mode and also with a corded hands free device

Any Suggestions??

Many Thanks,

Fieldinho
    01-04-08 10:16 AM
    Fieldnho, pull the battery on the BB (while powered ON) and replace to reboot the device.

Does the sound work now? If not, you may have an internal speaker problem.
    01-04-08 10:27 AM
    Thanks for the reply, i've tried the pull whilst on unfortunately it hasn't cured the problem so sounds like it could be f****d!
    01-04-08 10:30 AM
    I feel the volume for calls is not loud enuff also. But I do like things loud.
    01-04-08 12:33 PM
    Hi All,

I have a problem with my Black Berry Pearl.

Hoping there is an easy fix for this!

For some strange reason when i make or receive a call - people can hear me just fine but i can't hear them.

Probably worth pointing out that it works fine in speakerphone mode and also with a corded hands free device

Any Suggestions??

Many Thanks,
    02-02-08 01:10 AM
    Hi
    I'm having the same problems I was told by the T-Mobile techs that I had to wipe & reinstall the operating system, which I have resisted, because I always seem to lose settings & data.
    02-21-08 04:25 PM
    Hi
    I'm having the same problems I was told by the T-Mobile techs that I had to wipe & reinstall the operating system, which I have resisted, because I always seem to lose settings & data.
    Back up your data on Desktop Manager then restore after uodating.
    02-21-08 04:27 PM
    I am having the same hearing problem. was told by the T-Mobile techs that I had to wipe & reinstall the operating system, which I did, and still the same. It cannot be an internal speaker problem, if several of us are having the same exact problems.

Problems are same for all of us:
    1. Caller can hear use clearly but i can't hear them.

2. It works fine in speakerphone mode and also with a corded hands free device
    06-14-08 06:37 PM
    Same exact symptoms here.
    06-18-08 11:18 AM
    I have the same problem. Mine worked fine one minute, and the next, I couldn't hear anything when making or receiving a call. My speakerphone works fine as well. :/

Does anyone know how to replace the internal speaker?
    08-27-08 11:15 AM
    Before re-installing the OS, try playing some music. This should determine if the internal earpice is shot or if there is a software problem.
    08-27-08 11:33 AM
    something wrong with Ur BB internal speaker
    08-27-08 08:34 PM
    There is a fix for the pearl if you have T mobile. Check the blackberry website under support. If you have Verizon the battery pull is only a temporary fix. Blackberry is working on a fix but it is not ready yet. I called Verizon today and they told me if I couldn't find a fix via blackberry that they would give me a new phone. hope this helps
    09-04-08 10:27 PM
    Here is the link for the pearl
    BlackBerry Search Results
    09-04-08 10:28 PM
    I am having problems adjusting the volume of my ringtones no matter which tone I use. Also, when I change the ring tone I still keep getting the same tone even if I change it.

I
    09-05-08 11:49 AM
    I was on a call this afternoon and it sounded like my speaker volume was going up and down or it sounded more like the callers voice was going in and out. I didn't even have the pearl for a month yet. Is anyone else having this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 01:34 PM
    oh i hav the same issue, im going to try and upgrade the o.s and see how tht turns out. if anyone else did this and it worked please do tell so those of us who dont know, are informed.
    09-11-08 09:13 PM
    ok so i upgraded my o.s it didnt change whether or not i could hear out of the headset part. altho i noticed if u put the phone on speaker and put the volume ALL the way down it decreases the sound that comes out of the speakerphone to a sound EQUIVALENT to when you use the headset normally. So it appears you can have some form of privacy while using the it on speakerphone. After making several calls this way i noticed that no one in my surrounding area could hear my phone conversation. So i hope that helps some of you to an extent
    09-12-08 05:31 PM
    Anyone have any luck with the speaker issue? I have a BB curve 8310 and use AT&T. Same problem, can hear fine when on speakerphone but nothing when it's off. Thanks!
    jen
    09-19-08 08:11 PM
    By any chance anyone find a real fix for this problem....

1. I can't hear a ringtone, or the person on the other end, but they can hear me

2. Works fine on Speakerphone

I need a fix ASAP, I've been talking on speakerphone for 2 days now, and it's KILLING me.
    10-27-08 01:54 PM
    Im also having the same problem but i cant use speakerphone only headset. even tried upgrading re-installing and downgrading my os.
    ive been asking the same question on other forums even here but no one seems to have a clue
    10-28-08 05:01 AM
    i have the same problem, it usually happens after playing a mms video, then when i recieve or place a call i can hear them fine but they cant hear me, any suggestions????
    12-10-08 10:57 PM
    did a os backup and install and battry pull. still nothing from ear. only loud speaker and wired handsfree device works. any other ideas
    01-02-09 07:21 PM
    I've been having a similar problem. Phone works fine for a few calls, then I can't hear anything through the headset or speaker. I'll do a soft-reset and the problem is resolved for a while. Started after Aerize Alerts install, so I deleted it, but problem has continued. I've been resisting yet another os upgrade, but about to try .124 and see if the problem is resolved.
    01-03-09 07:34 AM
    Forgot to mention, when phone wouldn't work, neither would voice search in google maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 10:23 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD