Has anyone managed to get this to work. Use the standard Blackberry Headset (two earphone model) for the Pearl 8100 and get the phone to auto answer either after a few rings or straight away when a call comes in. Has anyone managed to have the phone set so that although it is on vibrate, if you have the headset connected, then you get a ringing noise in the headset? Finally has anyone managed to get any bluetooth headset to auto answer calls on the Pearl? I am using the Jawbone, but have also used a Motorola but had no joy with either. Seems very strange as this is a fairly basic feature on most mobile phones, and has been for a long, long time. Thanks in advance, Matthew.
    07-11-07 03:19 PM
    Say thanks to Ms. CC.

Yes there is. But your BB has to be out from the Holster for the Auto Answer to function.

Click your "Call Log" from your home screen or your dial screen (whatever your call it) and click your trackwheel > Options > General Options > Auto Answer Calls > [select your option]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Purrfect4... That's Ms. CC to my friends
    07-15-07 09:38 PM
    although it doesn't work with my Bluetooth headset.

there is an app called autoearpiece, I'm only a newbe so I can't post links otherwise I would, Google it and it will come up I'm sure.

neither does the previous solution, why are RIM so archaic? everything should do this these days for safety if nothing else!
    08-04-09 02:14 PM
    Auto Answer Out of Holster works if your phone is IN the holster when it rings. When you take it OUT, it will answer. If your phone is OUT of the holster when it rings, it will not answer. This is typically not the behavior you want, since if you take your phone out to see who's calling, it will answer whether you want to talk to the person or not, and if it's on your desk, it won't answer.
    08-04-09 03:33 PM
    type this address into your bb, it will solve auto answer problem with wired headset
    mobileutil.com/applications/13/
    11-24-09 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD