Alright, I purchased my Pearl 8100 about a week ago, threw in a 2 gig sim card and had intended to both use it as my phone as well as replace my aging ipod shuffle. I already have some nice headphones that I use with the shuffle, so I bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone adapter. Thus I'm able to use the headphones I already purchased!

Wrong I plugged my headphones in to the adapter, and then plugged the adapter in to my pearl and music still plays from the small pearl speaker and nothing from the headphones. The factory earbud/mic works fine when plugged in to the headphone jack, just not my adapter and headphones. Any advice?

EDIT> Ugh, after looking more closely at the adapter, it has a slot for ground, left channel, right channel, and some ADDITIONAL signal so it looks like this is the incorrect adapter, ah well I'll have to keep looking!
    Last edited by Street Surgeon; 11-26-07 at 09:32 PM.
    11-26-07 09:30 PM
    FYI I have tried several adaptors and have only been able to get sound out of the left side. I don't believe the jack on the handset is stereo. I have also tried a bluetooth Stero headset and cannot get the media player to output to it at all.
    11-28-07 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD