i have the pearl 8100 and my phones are not working. the music plays but when in stick in the headphones the music still plays in like a speaker mode. i also need to say is that on my headphones im using an adaptor 3.5 to 2.5 can anyone help?
    08-31-07 01:56 PM
    Did you push adapter ehough?
    08-31-07 04:28 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem on my 8830. The connection is fine because it does play through the headphones for 2-5 seconds before going back to the speaker.

Before I bought the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter I was (successfully) using a wired stereo headset and not having this problem. Unfortunately the sound quality of the only was I could find was utterly horrible and ended up on the shelf after I (unsuccessfuly) tried to wire in a female 3.5 jack after the microphone to plug in my own headphones.

Anyone out there who enjoys hearing decent sounding music on their phone find a good solution for this?
    09-08-07 11:19 PM
    I purchased the Siedio 2.5 to 3.5 adapter for the Pearl, and it works great.

It comes with a mic and button to pause the music and/or take a phone call. With the built in mic, you don't even need to unplug it if a call comes in, simply move the mic near your mouth, and take the call!

Sound is excellent with my Vibe headset. They do advise you that you need to connect your headset to the adapter BEFORE you insert the adapter into your Blackberry, but other then that (and that's not a big deal at all), it works great!

It cost $15.95.

Go to Seidioonline.com

09-09-07 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD