Ok, so I have a dilemma..

I use the original blackberry pearl with the smaller 1.8?mm port with an adapter to 3.5mm so I can use regular headphones when listening to music or hands free talking when in my car, but now it doesn't work, all sound goes directly to speaker all thetime when headphones are plugged in.. What can I do to ammend this problem?

Thanks for any help you guys and gala can offer..

Des
    05-07-08 03:49 PM
    The pearl jack is very special indeed. Just how special you will learn when you read the two threads below.

Py special attention to the fact that when you plug your headphones into the 3.5mm jack you must do it before you plug the 2.5mm end into the phone of the phone's software will get confused.

Buy an adapter eiteher from Seidio or Verizon or follow my instrucions and make your own. Do it right or buy the right one and it will work just fine.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/not-...r-works-27421/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/bb-p...rs-help-16520/
    05-07-08 04:01 PM
    Thank you for the speedy response! Thanks for the advice, although I'm aware of the order when pluggin in my adapter and headphones and I currently own the very nice siedio adapter which I why I'm so boggled. It occurs with every program that deals with sound too.. I.e. FlipSide, xPlayer, media player etc etc..

Hence why I'm so baffled..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 04:22 PM
    Reboot. I just experienced this damn annoying bug too.
    06-20-08 10:41 PM
    thanks for the simple answer. I'm a curve 8330 user. for some odd reason my headphone jack just stopped working earlier today. I was prplexed and tried EVERYTHING (resent service books, cussed, etc.) and the whole time a simple battery pull did the trick. thanks again.
    06-25-08 07:47 PM
    hey i just thought of something, can you use a bluetooth for a headset to listen to music on your 8100??
    06-25-08 08:20 PM
    I just got my BB Curve 8330 two days ago and already I have had this problem. It worked yesterday morning listening to music through my car stereo and by the time I left work it stopped. I will try to pull the battery on my way home today! Thanks!
    07-08-09 07:39 AM
    Make sure that you plug the jack in before you try to play music.
    07-08-09 06:51 PM

I have a BB Curve 8900 and all of a sudden, I can't play music through my car stereo. It plugs in and I can barely hear the music...and I get a loud high pitched tone. Any thoughts on this? I'm pulling the battery right now to see if that fixes the problem....
    01-09-10 01:32 PM
    Battery pull didn't work =(
    01-09-10 01:38 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 and I FINALLY got movies converted correctly to watch on my phone. I plug my headphones in and it does nothing. The sound from the movie blares over the speaker, but not thru the headphones. Is there a setting on the phone I am missing? Do I need an adapter for the Curve 8330?
    02-04-10 02:47 AM
    hey pete6, can u show me how to make tht adapter?
    10-14-10 01:08 PM
    Ok but I suggest you to contact to your nearest blackberry service center and show your photo because may be it is just starting of problem so you can solve it in its starting stage.
    10-19-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD